Chapter 3: what...?

"Incident..." the word echoed through my mind, though I couldn't quite put my finger on it. What was this word? And how did it relate to me? I scanned the room once more, And banged my cymbals together when a group of kids ran by, playfully screaming. temporarily forgetting about the two adults. I turned to notice they were not by my stage anymore, and they were walking towards the exit. Strange...

Shortly after the shows for the afternoon the place was shut down for cleaning, but would soon re-open. The owner of the place was walking about with a cigarette in his mouth making sure everything was as it should be. I at the moment was programmed to be unmoving, but not shut off.  Despite the disability to move, my gaze followed the owner.  He was a rather large man, Tall and slightly plump. His slick black hair was pulled into a loose ponytail. He was always somewhat familiar to me, but I couldn't remember why. Grumbling, The man then slunk around my stage and suddenly walked over to me, as if maybe he could feel me watching him, he leaned close to me, and stared me in the face. the reek of cologne and cigarettes wafting around him. He chewed on the end of his cigar and let out a grunt. "Creepy ass." He mumbled. Then turned on his heels and walked away muttering to himself.  Watching him, the two adults from before came to mind. Did they know something that I didn't? I guess I would have to find that out... then, casting a last glance at the departing owner, I let my eyes close and self-powered off.