10.1

They make it back to the Toretto household before Leon and Letty take off to who knows where. Dom decides to go find Jesse after arguing with Dixie about her going with him.
"Dom, put the gun down now!" Dixie hears Brian yell.
"Move your car," Dom yells back.
"No bullshit! Put it down now! No more running!" Brian yells at him.
"I'm not running!" Dom yells.
"Where's Leon and Letty?" Brian asks him.
"They're long gone!" Dom tells him.
"Then it's over. I didn't call the police, but don't push me! Put the gun down. I swear to God!" Brian yells as they walk towards each other.
"You are the cop! You're a cop! Brian, I got to find Jesse before they do. I'm all the kid's got," Dom tells Brian as Mia and Dixie walk out onto the porch.
"I'll call in the plates. PD will pick him up way before Johnny even gets near him," Brian says causing Dixie to sigh.
"Move your car," Dom says as he cocks his shotgun.
"Dom, stop it! It's over. Please," Mia yells at him.
"Mia, stay out of it!" Dom yells back as the Jetta pulls up.
"Jesse!" Dixie says before running over to him and pulling him into a hug.
"Dominic, I am so sorry. I don't know what I'm doing, Dom," Jesse says as he lets go of Dixie. Dom drops his gun and Brian lowers his. "I'm so scared right now. I don't know what's going on."
"What were you thinking, man?" Dom asks him.
"I don't know! I panicked! I'm sorry. I'm scared! I don't know what I'm doing! Will you please help me?" Jesse answers him as Dom, Dixie, and Brian all turn their heads at the sound of motorcycles. Tran and Lance start shooting at them causing Brian to duck behind his car. Dixie ducks behind the Jetta as Mia ducks down on the porch while Dom crawls across the yard towards Jesse who stands there.
"No! Jesse!" Dixie yells as she sees Jesse get shot multiple times.
"Dom! Dixie! Jesse!" Mia yells from the porch. As they drive off Dom pulls Jesse into his arms while Mia runs from the porch. Mia drops beside them and places Jesse's head in her lap. Brian looks over at Dixie, who is crying over Jesse. Brian takes off after Tran and Lance.
"No, Dom, no!" Mia yells as Dom runs to his car and takes off.
"Mia, call the cops," Dixie says as she hands her phone to Mia before running into the garage.
"No, Dixie, no!" Mia yells after her before Dixie takes off.

Brian hits his first NOS to make sure he catches up to them before they start shooting at him. Brian is able to shoot at them but misses. Lance cuts off down a hill before coming back up behind Brian. Dom comes out of nowhere and slams into Lance which sends him flying down a hill. Tran starts firing at Brian again before Brian comes to a stop and shoots at Tran hitting him. Brian runs over to see if Tran is alive before Dom shows up at the top of a hill.
"Call 911. You call 911!" Brian tells a guy nearby before chasing after Dom. Brian finds Dixie and Dom stopped at a red light.
"We used to drag here back in high school. That railroad crossing up there is exactly a quarter mile away from here. On green, I'm going for it," Dom says before they all start revving their engines. The light turns green as Dom takes off in a wheelie. Dom and Dixie quickly get in front of Brian as Dom touches the ground again. Brian has to use his NOS to keep up with them. Brian sees a train up ahead before looking over at Dom and Dixie, who simply speed up. Seeing that Dom and Dixie aren't going to stop, Brian hits his second NOS and they all jump the track just missing getting hit by the train. They look at each other and smile before Dom runs into a semi truck causing him to start flipping. The car stops flipping straight up.
"Dom!" Dixie yells as she gets out of her car. Brian and Dixie find Dom breathing heavily.
"That's not what I had in mind," Dom says before he gets out of the car with a messed up shoulder. Dom leans against the car in defeat as they hear the sirens in the distance.
"Dom, let's go," Dixie says as she starts to head towards her car. Brian pulls his keys out of his pocket and hands them to Dom.
"You know what you're doing?" Dom asks him as he takes the keys from him.
"I owe you a 10-second car," Brian answers before Dom nods as Dixie smiles at Brian.
"Lay low for a little while and take care of your sister," Dom tells Dixie as he pulls her into a hug.
"You stay safe," Dixie tells Dom before he takes the car and goes. Brian watches him drive off before he turns to Dixie. "Thank you." Dixie gives him a quick kiss before getting into her car and leaving. Brian watches her leave, in shock that she had kissed him, before turning to wait for the cops.

ONE YEAR LATER

LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters. For those 10 seconds or less, I'm free," Dixie thinks as she pulls up in front of a familiar garage.

"Hey, Buddy," Dixie says with a smile as she sees the man that she is looking for, working on a car.
"Little Dot," Buddy says with a smile before pulling her into a hug. "You grew up on me. I see you're taking care of my baby though." Buddy points to his car outside, causing Dixie to smile and nod.
"Yeah, she's still as beautiful as the first time, I saw her," Dixie says causing him to nod in agreement. "Have you heard from Dom?"
"No, I haven't and you know why," Buddy answers her causing her to nod.
"Well, I'm going to find him," Dixie tells him with a sigh. "So it might be a bit before I see you again." Buddy nods in understanding.
"You should at least say bye to someone else while they are here," Buddy says causing Dixie to look at him confused before someone walks into the garage. Dixie turns before looking at them in shock.

"Jakob?"