𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑛𝑒

AT THE AVENGERS COMPOUND
MEETING ROOM - NO ONE'S POV

"Headsup people! We have a new member today or should I call it an intern, I'm not bluffing Romanoff." He glared at the assassin who looked at him in confussion.

"I didn't even say anything." She defended.

"I know, but there's the look on your face." He responded while pointing at her.

"Do we know any information about this intern?" Cap asked, his full attention to the man with a weird beard.

"Yes, we have a few-"

Bruce didn't have a chance to finish what he was saying as the assassin interrupted. "A few? You're taking in an intern and you only have a few to no informations?" She stated in a much rather calmer tone than expected.

"See that's what I'm saying." Tony mused and everyone glared at him, making him clear his throat for Bruce to continue.

"This intern, people call her as the girl that has no feelings, she ha-"

And again, he was interrupted, but this time it was Barton. "I'm sorry did I heard that right?" He asked, while he playfully rub his ears using his finger.

"Yes, legolas, you heard that loud and clear." Tony buts in as Clint looked at him in disbelief.

Everyone stayed silent for a while before Wanda decided to cut in the conversation. "Does the intern have powers?" She questioned as her face lit up in excitment, as everyone turns to look at the witch. "What? I'm just asking." She defended.

"We still don't know that, yet, but we'll see." Bruce smiled politely at the witch and everyone nodded.

"Enough with this, we have more important things to do." Tony added and almost everyone groaned.

"Yeah? Like paper works." Buchanan scoffed as he made his way out of the conference room.

...

A few more hours had passed and it's now three in the afternoon. The AI announced your arrival to the whole compound that surely every agent had heard about you to this point.

"FRIDAY, let them in please." Tony requested. "And tell the Avengers to come in the conference room."

"Right away Mr. Stark." The AI obeyed.

Your POV

The door of the compound suddenly opens in front of me and out of my conciousness I made my way in. I looked around me but no one seems to be in there until I heard a voice and I turned around and saw a woman who was surprisingly a little bit taller than me, plump lips, green eyes, pale skin, it's as if I was facing God.

"I'm assuming with the look of your face you like what you see." The woman smirked at me.

"Uh, no?... I like your face." I replied and she only raised an eyebrow as a small smile draws on her lips.

"Everyobe does." She replied and I only nodded. "I-I like your face too."

"Oh, no need to compliment me back." I replied monotone as if I was a human robot. But then again, I am one, seeing as I can't feel anything, and I bet my face looks like a smashed tomato that was colorless.

"I'll just pretend you didn't say that." She cleared her throat. "So, you must be the intern, right?" She guessed.

"Yes, I am. And I'm Y/N Carter." I replied.

"Natasha Romanoff. You can call me Nat, and nice to meet you." She held out her hand in front of me, smiling innocently as I didn't know what she was doing. "We're supposed to shake hands." She added and I watched as she picks up my hand and shake it herself.