𝐶ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒

"Of all the bars in town, why did I agree on meeting here?" I complained, approaching the man who is currently talking to a girl that just seems to be out of his league.

He ignored me.

"Killian, leave the poor girl alone, you two are never happening." I stated while eyeing the girl, making her feel extremely uncomfortable under my gaze. "Now go, trust me hie's not worth it." I winked at her as she bit her lip before turning away to find another man.

"You really had to do that?" He asked in disbelief. "I mean, why am I even friends with you?" He stated.

"We're not, we're teamates, playing at the same field, so, no, we are not friends." I snapped while ordering my own drink.

"And for the record, you coined this place a few years back." He answered to my first question, making me scoff.

"Whatever, what do you need me for?" I questioned him.

"Oh, it's not me who needs you...it's boss." He whispered the last part as if our boss was a secret.

"And he's not here."

He simply shook his head before standing up about to leave the bar and I followed behind him.

"Are we going on foot?" I stated after a while as we proceed to walk in a dark alley.

"Patience." He replied.

Rolling my eyes, I said. "Oh, I don't have those."

"What's with the attitude?" He looks back at me, smirking.

"Someone's just been pissing me off." I eyed what he was doing on his wrist watch as if some kind of teleportation was about to happen.

"Boyfriend?" He arched an eye brow, willing to know more and I sighed. "Oh, no, wait — girlfriend." He smirked suggestively.

"Not really, well, kind of, but—"

"Friends with benefits." He suggested, cutting me off, which I only rolled my eyes at.

"You know what, just take me to that damn boss of ours." I glared at him and he shook his head in amusement.

In just a blink of an eye, we were inside a warehouse that I've grown to miss of — not really.

"You know your way around." He shooed me without any intentions to be my tour guide, even though I knew well the place, a company would always sound good but...

"Where are you going?" I asked, turning to look his way but he just kept walking.

"To make sure your sister is awake." He answered, making me shrug.

"K."

"Just go talk to him please." He added before disappering in another room.

I made my way to the end of the hallway, guards eyeing me up and down as if they didn't knew me, or took advantage when I was a child.

"Ah, Y/N." He stated in content and I was only turning the doorknob and he already knew that it was me.

"You want to talk?" It wasn't a question but it came out a question, so yeah...

"Yes I did." He answered plainly, still refusing to face me.

"What do you wanna talk about?" I asked, standing firmly so that I wouldn't slouch like Natasha would.

He click his tongue three times, spinning his chair so he could be facing me. The look of amusement in his face told me that this one is going to be a little bit more intense than usual.
"This is what I like about you, straight to the point never have to be going around the bush." I only glared at what he said, but still the amusement grew.