[𝟑]. wind and earth

"In this world, I think love is the most important thing

"In this world, I think love is the most important thing. Whether it be platonic, familial, or romantic— love is the basis of kindness and the opposer of evil."

Barbatos said that once to you. To you, under the dimming sky of Starfell Valley.

Back then, you were not the best... Mondstadt citizen.

In fact, if it weren't for your adeptal powers, you were sure you'd be in a cute little jail cell right now. There have been too many occasions where you accidentally set something on fire or obliterated a hilichurl camp that was close to the city.

"Tsk, tsk, Mr. Barbatos man! The more you speak like this, the more you make me realize you're not a dumb drunkard!"

He chuckled, watching you continue to observe the peeking stars before mouthing something you could not quite catch.

In this land of wind, he was by your side. The Anemo Archon, Barbatos, yet commonly known as Venti— the windborne bard.

He stood by you when nobody else did, and for some reason, that gave you nostalgia for another archon.

"Oh, [Name]! Remember me?" A woman with long brown hair and vermilion eyes waved excitedly, rushing up to you with twinkles in her eyes.

"Yes, you closed the door on me once," You spoke with a hint of formality, unsure of what Hu Tao's true character was like.

Newsflash: Hu Tao's 'true' character was just as she was normally.

"Oh, I did?" The director pointed at herself in shock before laughing it off, quickly grabbing your shoulders and ushering you inside the funeral parlor.

"Are you here for Zhongli, [Name]? After meeting him, you could choose from our pristine coffins!"

"Why would I need to choose coffins after conversing with Mr. Zhongli?"

"Aiyaa, he's just like that!"

You sweatdropped.

"Is the rented house to your liking, Dove?" Zhongli's voice dipped into a whisper when speaking the last word. He treated that title like a sacred mantra, something that should not be used in vain nor tossed around so carelessly.

"Ah, it's better! Thank you, you really didn't have to do that thoug—" You explained, shutting up once the ex-archon merely placed down his tea, a warm smile dusting his lips.

"It's not a big deal, I wanted to do that for you, after all."

Your heart hurt.

The once-blue sky transformed into a blood-orange. A ship with massive sails had made itself present in Liyue, your eyes hesitantly glancing over the wooden transportation.