Prologue

I remembered.

It was my little sister Anastasia's 11th birthday.

She looked so happy, it put a warm smile to my face.

All of the aristocrats and royals from across the world were invited, including my Fiance Levi Farraday.

I felt quite lucky to have him, as there were many women who desired to be by his side.

After I greeted the guests at the party, I headed to the palace garden where me and Levi decided to meet.

As I was making my way.... I..

I felt something sharp piercing through my body.

And then...

Then...

I couldn't remember

Hold on.

Was I dead?

No I couldn't be

This couldn't be happening

Why couldn't I open my eyes?

Why wasn't it working??

Through the darkness, I managed to see something

Light!! There was light!

It felt warm and comforting

I then began to hear an annoying buzzing noise.

It got higher and higher, no matter how hard I tried to stop it.

After a while of suffering, it finally came to an end

I began to hear muffled voices. Was it Levi? Ana?

My eyes slowly opened.

"Airi! Thank goodness you're ok!"

Huh? Airi? I heard of that name somewhere..

"Airi!!!"

" Jiro please don't yell, your sister just woke up"

Jiro? Why did all of this seem so familiar?

"Don't worry, you're ok now!"

"Where am I?"

"I know everything is probably really confusing for you right now,
but you shouldn't be using up your energy Airi, you've just woken up! "

"Ok Mum"

Mum? She wasn't my mother. Why did it come out of my mouth so naturally?

"The nurse is here!!" A small voice squealed

"Hello Miss Genji, I'm going to give you a quick check up before we can discharge you from the hospital, is that alright?"

"Where am I? "

"You're in the hospital because you tried jumping off a building" the small boy answered

"Jiro! Airi just woke up! "

I quickly grabbed the mirror which was beside me and took a look at myself. I no longer had red hair with violet eyes. Instead I had black hair with dark brown eyes which kind of looked like they were glittering.

That was the moment everything clicked into place

Attempted suicide.... Hospital....

This was just like in that novel!

Happiness comes First. It's a story about a girl called Airi Genji , a 23 year old who suffered from depression and peer pressure. That was until, she met the male lead, Watari Haruka who was a year older than her. He apparently 'shun a new light' on Airi's life and also showed her what 'true happiness' was. Hence the title of the novel, 'Happiness comes First'

Their relationship however, angered the main antagonists. Mai Aikawa, a girl the same age as Airi, who held feelings for Watari ever since she was a child and Tadashi Jun, a guy the same age as Watari who wanted to confess his feelings to Airi. So in jealousy, they tried to sabotage their relationship. But of course in the end, love triumphed the antagonists evil schemes, Tadashi and Mai were punished, then Watari and Airi lived together happily.

It became quite a popular story among girls and book worms as it was being really specific on how the future in 2021 would be like.

I didn't really have a clear goal so I just wrote down the things I should do first as a to-do list:

1. Don't do anything stupid

2. If you see Watari, just speed past him

3. Don't seem suspicious

4. AVOID the antagonists

5. AVOID any sort of disaster

6. Follow the steps above

Thus, I began my new life as the heroine Airi Genji.

- Authors note: This is my first novel hope you enjoy! And also if you have any advice for me to get better as a writer, then you're more than welcome to let me know in the comments. Thank you!