Page I

“Sex is overrated.” Camila mumbled through a mouthful of popcorn as she watched the particularly steamy love scene of the movie playing on the TV in front of her.

Lauren’s eyes shot open as she turned to look at her best friend. “You did not just say that.”

“What? It is.” Camila replied rolling her eyes, although she knew she should have seen this coming.

Lauren loved sex, she always had. Camila knew this due to the fact her older friend had often made a point of telling her about all of her explicit encounters over the years. Gay girls, straight girls, unsure
girls, Lauren seemed to get them all.

Lauren reached over to grab the remote control sitting between them on the bed and paused the movie.
“How the hell is it overrated?” She pushed, not willing to let the subject go lightly.

Camila shrugged. “It’s just not what people make it out to be. Female orgasms aren’t even real.”

Lauren’s face dropped as she stared back at her friend in complete disbelief. “You’re kidding right? You know you’re talking shit?”

“No I’m not.” The younger Latina shot back as she shoved more popcorn into her mouth without shame.

“Uh, earth to Camila, I can tell you for a fact that female orgasms are real. Have you even had sex?”Lauren replied mockingly.

“Shut up Jauregui, you know I have!” Camila snapped.“I lost my virginity to Austin like 6 months ago.”
“And how often do you have sex now?” The green eyed girl probed.
“I don’t know.” Camila shrugged. “It’s hard sometimes with both our parents being around. Maybe once a week.”

Lauren’s eyes widened once again. “Wait, so you’re telling me that you’ve been fucking that asshole at least once a week for 6 months and he’s never made you come? Not even once?”

“I don’t know.” The younger girl blushed. “Girls don’t come the same as boys, it’s hard to tell.”

“Camz that’s such bullshit, if you came you would know about it. I can’t fucking believe you’ve never had an orgasm.”

Camila sighed, she was regretting starting this conversation at all.
“It’s not that big a deal. I talked to Dinah, Ally and Normani about it once, they said they don’t always come either. It’s normal for girls.”

“Normal for straight girls’ maybe.” Lauren scoffed. “But every girl I fuck comes at least once.”

"Maybe there’s just something wrong with me.” The younger girl looked down at her lap, fidgeting with her fingers awkwardly in a way that made Lauren suddenly feel a pang of guilt in her stomach.
This wasn’t Camila’s fault, she knew she really shouldn’t be mocking her.

“Does he use foreplay?” Lauren pried, her tone at least a little softer now.

“I’m not talking about this with you. You’re just trying to make me feel dumb.” The brown eyed girl replied, still refusing to meet her friend’s eyes.

“No I’m not? Why would I want to do that? I’m trying to help.”

“Sometimes.” Camila sighed.

Lauren furrowed her brow in confusion. “What?”

“He uses foreplay sometimes.” Camila clarified.

Ok, now we’re getting somewhere, Lauren thought. “And how often is sometimes? Like most times, or every once in a while?” She continued.

“He’s done it a few times I guess. This is really none of your business Lauren.”