9.UNKNOWN

Taehyung was nervous about staying with Jungkook that night. That day he realized that he had never been to his house before. He didn't really know much about what kind of person Jungkook was outside of school. Namjoon needed his car for the night, so he dropped off Jungkook and Taehyung at Jungkook's apartment.
They pulled up to a cafe that was part of a two story building. Along the side of the building was stairs that led up to the apartment above the cafe.
"This is where I work, and my boss lets me rent out the apartment above it." Jungkook told Taehyung when he sensed his confusion.
Taehyung nodded to show he understood and followed Jungkook inside. It was dark and honestly Taehyung was expecting it to be pretty dark and grungy.
When Jungkook turned the lights on he saw an apartment nicely decorated with white and tan minimalist furniture and a big tv with almost every gaming system out there. A large collection of movies and a karaoke mic next to the tv.
Taehyung let out a small laugh when he saw the place. This was not what he expected at all. It was normal and kind of cool actually!

"Make yourself comfortable! I am going to put the food away." Jungkook said walking toward the kitchen.
Taehyung looked around the room more and saw a shelf full of book covering a large variety of subjects, and tons of different records and cds. What kind of guy was Jungkook? He also noticed several sketch books and a cup full of pencils and different art supplies. In another corner there was a desk with a computer and a mic and different music related gear.

What did Jungkook do with all of this stuff?

"Hey! Ok so what do you want to do first? Games, karaoke?" Jungkook said happily.
"Who are you?" Taehyung said jokingly.
"What do you mean?" Jungkook asked confused.
"You are so normal, not like emo at all." Taehyung said.
"Uh, yeah. Why would I be emo?" Jungkook asked.
"Well you pretty much wear all black, and you are a loner that hardly ever smiles." Taehyung replied teasing.
"So you just assumed I am emo or something ?" Jungkook asked sitting on the couch.
"Well, yeah!" Taehyung replied sitting too.

"Well I am not. I am actually pretty fun once you get to know me!" Jungkook said smiling.
This all was so surprising and it took a few moments for Taehyung to stop looking around and focus.
"So is there something you want to do?" Jungkook asked again.
"I have questions." Taehyung said seriously.
"Ok you want to jump right in then. Ok what questions do you have?" Jungkook asked.
"How do you live here on your own? Aren't you only 17?" Taehyung asked.
"That's your question?" Jungkook asked shrugging. "Ok well, I have a foster dad. We kind of have a deal I stay out of trouble so that social services doesn't come around. He gets the checks and I can pretty much do whatever I want. I met the owner here who is a really sweet lady and she said I could live here."

"You're a foster kid?" Taehyung asked kind of sad.
Jungkook smiled, he could sense Taehyung feeling sad.
"Yeah but it's no big deal. There are a lot of kids out there in the foster system, most of them turn out fine." Jungkook said proudly.
"How long?" Taehyung asked.
"How long have I been in foster care? Umm....since I was 3. My parents both died in car accident." Jungkook answered.

This really made Taehyung sad, and he felt guilty that he was born into such a well off family.
"Tae, stop ok? Stop feeling so sad! It's fine really! I have a lot of good things and I am happy with my life. Stop feeling so down!" Jungkook said calmly.
"Sorry, I just had no idea. I judged you before even knowing you." Taehyung said dropping his head and pouting.
"Well you know! Is there anything else you want to know?" Jungkook asked.
"Yeah....when did you transition? Did it hurt a lot? How do you eat if you don't feed on people? What happens if you don't feed for a long time?" Taehyung said running out of breathe.
Jungkook laughed a little.
"Hmmm...ok I transitioned over summer break. It hurt a lot! The hyungs taught me to hunt animals to feed. If we don't feed for a long time, it becomes more difficult to control the thirst for human blood It can be really dangerous so we try to stay well fed so that doesn't happen." Jungkook answered.
"Would you ever feed on a wolf?" Taehyung asked.

Jungkook thought this was a strange question and took a longer moment to think before answering.
"There aren't any wolves around here. The only wolf I know of is you, and no I wouldn't feed on you. I am not sure if vampires can even feed on shapeshifters anyway." Jungkook said in joking tone.

Taehyung felt relieved.
"Anything else?" Jungkook asked looking at him.
"How do you guys like date? Can you date humans?" Asked Taehyung a little shyly.
"Um, I know my hyungs have dated before. Not recently, but they have in the past. They are like super old so it was probably ages ago I believe they were human but the relationships didn't last long. I think they tried to avoid telling the people they were dating what they were, and you know how secrets hurt relationships. Since I have transitioned I have gone a couple of dates but nothing long term it's pretty difficult to you know be close to a human in that way." Jungkook said a little embarrassed.

"Because you are afraid of hurting them?" Taehyung asked.
"Yeah I guess you could say that. If they don't know what we are it's hard for them to understand why we can't take things too far sometimes." Jungkook said getting more shy.
"Sorry this is probably awkward to talk about." Taehyung said hiding his face a little.
What he was really wondering, is if he would ever be able to be in a relationship now that he was a shapeshifter.
He wasn't able to control the shift, what if he was with someone and he shifted and hurt them. Jungkook could sense Taehyung feeling worried and insecure.

"Tae, wolves and vampires are different. You won't face the same challenges we do. Once you can control the shift you should be able to live a normal life I should think." Jungkook said reassuring him.

Taehyung hoped that was true.

"Ok my turn!" Jungkook said sitting forward ready to interrogate Taehyung.
This made Taehyung a little nervous, but he cleared his throat and mimicked The others actions.
"Favorite food?" Jungkook asked.
"What?" Taehyung asked suprised. "You want to know my favorite food?"
"Yeah, well everything else I pretty much know already." Jungkook said proudly.
"How?" Taehyung asked confused.
"Well no offense but you are like a storybook cliche Tae. Besides you being a shapeshifter, your life is pretty cut and dry. Also I can sense your emotions so I kind of know a lot that way too." Jungkook said confidently.
"I am not a cliche!" Taehyung said pouting again.
"Let's see....wealthy family, cold distant parents, straight A student, aiming to go to a prestigious college, popular, well known, arrogant, handsome, but a player." Jungkook said crossing his arms and resting back on the couch.

Taehyung was surprised but also offended that he could be summed up that easily. This made him pout yet again, and he also crossed his arms and laid back.
"None of that is true!" He said objecting.
"Ok, which part?" Jungkook asked.
"I am not a player!" Taehyung replied.
"Ok, well I'll take that one back then." Jungkook said.

"Good! And I like hamburgers." Taehyung said pouting and keeping his face turned away.
"Hm, really? I don't really need to eat but I like banana milk. It's pretty good!" Jungkook said smiling.
"Really? I guess it's good." Taehyung added, and they both went silent.
Jungkook could sense Taehyung was feeling awkward during this silence, so he decided it was time to try to entertain him.
"Do you like video games?" Jungkook asked.
"Of course, but it don't have time to play often." Taehyung admitted.
"Well let's make this more interesting, loser has to drink 6 banana milks in 1 minute." Jungkook said challenging Taehyung.
"Deal!" He replied.

They played several rounds, and not surprising Taehyung lost and was forced to drink 6 bottles of banana milk.
More surprising was he actually did it and kept it down. Jungkook decided it was probably best to let Taehyung take a break or they would both feel sick. He decided to pick a drama to watch, something exciting. They watched for a long time, and soon Taehyung had fallen asleep.
Jungkook looked over at him, and he was curled up like a baby hugging a pillow. He looked really cute and Jungkook went in the other room to bring back a blanket. Jungkook covered him and brushed a small strand of hair out of Taehyung's face.

He didn't want Taehyung to feel alone, so he decided to stay and finish the drama while Taehyung slept next to him.