Chapter 1

"Fuck!" I whisper loudly as if anyone is around to hear my curse

"Fuck!" I whisper loudly as if anyone is around to hear my curse. I drop the box cutter I was using to cut the tape off the box that I was trying to unpack. I had been at this new house for almost 3 days and I finally decided to unpack. The box cutter slipped and sliced my thumb.

"Did you just cut yourself dumb ass?" Adria asked from the screen on FaceTime.

"Wow. Sure, don't ask if i'm okay." I said rolling my eyes.

"That was me asking if you're okay, did you not hear the concern in my voice for your dumb ass?" she says laughing. I ignore her and start to clean and wash my bleeding finger and wrap it with a bandage.

Adria was my best friend of about 5 years now, we met freshman year of college when we randomly became roommates, to this day even living miles apart, she is still my best and closest friend. I was timid and quiet when I first started college but she quickly helped me get out of my shell, but right now i was annoyed.

I rolled my eyes again, "Anyways, do you know when my roommate will be here?" I asked. I had just moved into this great big house that Adria helped me find, I would have a roommate who was a man around my age, but I never let boys distract me in college and I wasn't about to do it now. Something about men and their manly ways just didn't sit right with me sometimes. I managed to stay a virgin through college and now at 22 I planned on keeping that way until I found a man worth my time.

If I found one anyway.

Adria set up the roommate situation, when one of her cousins told her that his friend was looking for a roommate in his huge ass house. Like i'm not kidding, him living here alone is kind of weird, but I had my own section of the house, the entire left side was mine, so I gave him a call and he graciously accepted, I hadn't met him or knew what he looked like but I didn't have the time to find out, I had a gotten a new job here in Jersey, and I needed to move as soon as possible. It hurt leaving behind my dad in New York that raised me but it was time to venture out and live on my own. I know jersey is right over the bridge but no one was trying to pay that toll everyday. Only thing I knew about the home owner was that his name was Noah, and he was never here. I met a few Noahs in my lifetime, and had nothing good to say about any of them.

The rent for this house house was dirt cheap, the house owner was away a lot, so he wanted a roommate that would live here but also watch the house while he was gone, It almost felt like I was a maid but I had a job in Marketing at an office out here, I was a math major at hunter college. Math always came naturally to me.

"Yea I think he's coming later tonight." She said breaking me out of my thoughts. I sighed, maybe I should order food for us or something, maybe make a good first impression. I thought to myself. "Alright I gotta go bitch, Im finna go get some dick, my sneaky link coming over."

"Bye bestie, love you loads." I say shaking my head at her smiling.

"Bye bestie, love you bunches." she said before hanging up.