14.6

DIPLOMATIC SECURITY SERVICE HEADQUARTERS

WASHINGTON, D.C.

Agent Luke Hobbs is sitting at his desk as he fills out a report for his latest job. Monica Fuentes walks into the office before dropping a file on his desk.
"You need to look at that," Monica tells him before he opens the file. "Berlin, 3:00 a.m. this morning. A team of drivers hijacked a military convoy."
"Toretto?" Hobbs asks slightly hopeful at the chance of catching him.
"Not Dominic," Monica answers him.
"I ain't interested," Hobbs tells her.
"Yes, you definitely are. Keep looking," Monica orders him before he opens the file back up. He flips through it until he comes across two pictures. The first one is of Leticia Ortiz and the second is of Dixie Toretto. "Do you believe in ghosts?"

"This is what 100 million buys?" Hobbs asks as he stands a few feet behind Dom. "It wasn't hard to find you, Toretto."
"I wasn't hiding," Dom says as he turns to look at Hobbs.
"How's the life of the retired international criminal?" Hobbs asks as he walks over to Dom.
"I like it here. It's quiet," Dom answers him with a smile. "Nice weather, and no extradition. So what are you doing here, cop?"
"Last Tuesday, a team of highly coordinated drivers took down an entire military convoy in Russia," Hobbs explains.
"I don't do cold weather," Dom tells him.
"I know it wasn't you," Hobbs replies. "But you're going to help me catch the team responsible." Elena walks outside before cocking her gun. "And you ain't gonna need that."
"You can't touch him, Hobbs. You've got no powers..." Elena starts.
"I'm not here to extradite anyone," Hobbs tells her. "See, he's going to come voluntarily. As a matter of fact, he's going to beg me." Dom looks at Hobbs confused. "This was taken a week ago." Hobbs hands Dom a file. "I'll see you out front." Dom opens the file as Elena watches Hobbs walk away. Dom tenses up at the picture he sees.
"It's Letty, isn't it?" Elena asks him as she walks over looking at the picture. "And Dixie?"
"It's impossible," Dom says as he looks at the faces of the two girls, who were believed to be dead.
"If that was my husband, if there was a chance, no matter how small, I would go," Elena says before Dom pulls her into a hug.

Dom walks outside to find Hobbs waiting.
"I'm going to need everything, all the info you got," Dom says as he leans against his car.
"You'll get it when the team gets it," Hobbs tells him.
"No team," Dom says with a shake of his head. "This is going to have to be me alone."
"It's not that simple," Hobbs explains. "The crew we're after, they hit like thunder and disappear like smoke. You go in alone, you won't ever touch them. I've been chasing this guy across four continents and 12 countries, and believe me, the last damn place I want to be right now is on your front doorstep, selling Girl Scout cookies. I need your help, Dom. I need your team."

Brian is cooking on the barbecue pit as he starts thinking about Dixie.

"Let's go get something to eat," Dixie tells Brian with a smile as they exit the FBI headquarters.
"Sure," Brian says with a smile. Dixie chose a barbecue place so they could sit outside. Brian smiles as Dixie laughs at something her had said. He could feel himself falling even more in love with her. They had gotten closer since she went undercover.
"Brian," Dixie says getting his attention, causing him to realize that he had been staring at her. "Is there something on my face?"
"No," Brian says as he smiles and shakes his head.
"What is it?" Dixie asks him concerned. "Talk to me."
"You're beautiful," Brian tells her honestly causing her to blush.
"You want to go for a ride?" Dixie asks him before he nods. She takes them to a beach, with it being dark out. Dixie gets out, sitting on the hood of her car before Brian joins her. "So this it. This is my beach. That's my ocean."
"And that's your moon?" Brian teases with a smile.
"Yeah, it is," Dixie says as she looks at him with a smirk. "I'm possessive." Brian and Dixie smile at each other as they slowly lean in. They start kissing before Dixie's GPS starts going off to let her know that Braga needs her. "Another time."

Brian wipes a tear away as he remembers the last time that he had saw Dixie. Mia walks outside with Nico causing him to lightly smile. He was glad that Mia let him be a uncle and that Dom let him be part of the family again.

Dom called Tej, Rome, Gisele, and Han, who all agreed to come. Dom then decided that Brian and Mia deserved to know so he makes his way to their house.
"What do you think of this?" Brian asks as he shakes a rattle toy in front of Nico.
"He likes it," Mia says with a smile.
"Or this?" Brian asks as he holds a toy maxima car in front of Nico, who reaches for it. "Yes." Brian looks at Mia with a victorious smile causing her to smile. "All right, Nico, lets see how this thing flies." Brian throws a paper airplane before Dom pulls up in front of where the paper plane lands. "It's Uncle Dom. What do you know? Are you waving?"
"Hey, Nico," Dom says with a smile as he gets out of the car before Nico runs over to him.
"Are you already pushing imports on them?" Dom asks as he sees the toy maxima while Nico sits beside Mia and Brian.
"You say, 'Uncle Brian's not pushing anything.' He chose that car," Brian says as he looks at Dom, who has kneeled in front of them.
"We know he's Vince's son, but I brought you something Nico," Dom says with a smirk as he holds out a toy Dodge Charger to him. Nico starts reaching for the car. "Yeah! He's also a Toretto."
"Luckily he has a couple more years to decide, right?" Mia says with a smile as she looks at Nico.
"I think he decided, Mia," Dom says as Nico plays with the car.
"I think it's time for his nap. Lets go, Nico," Mia says as she takes Nico from Brian before going inside. Brian grabs some beers for him and Dom before they sit in some lawn chairs.
"It's weird, huh?" Brian asks as Dom takes a drink of his beer.
"What's weird?" Dom asks him back.
"We got everything. You know, down to the beer and the barbecue. But it's just..." Brian says with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "I don't know, it just doesn't feel like home. Maybe it's because, uh, you don't realize how much you appreciate something or someone until someone takes them away. I don't know. The place has probably changed so much, you wouldn't even recognize it anymore."
"Yeah. Everything's changed," Dom says in agreement.
"So what's up with you? What's going on?" Brian questions them. Dom sighs, knowing this would hurt Brian, before handing him the envelope that Hobbs had given him.
"Taken a week ago," Dom says as Brian opens the envelope.
"Diplomatic Security Service. Hobbs," Brian says before pulling out the picture and looking at it. "You know, I used to do this shit all the time as a cop. This is exactly what cops do. He's messing with your head."
"Brian," Dom says as he lets out a sigh. "Look at the next picture."
"Letty and Dixie are dead, Dom," Brian says with a shake of his head as he tries to keep the tears from forming.
"I need to know for sure," Dom tells him.
"Then I'm going with you," Brian states causing Dom to shake his head. "If it's Dixie, then I'm going."
"You said you were going to leave this life behind," Dom tells him sternly.
"We all said that we were leaving the life behind," Brian argues with him.
"He's right," Mia says as she walks over, having been listening in to their conversation. "We're family. If we got a problem, we deal with it together. And I'll feel safer knowing you're all out there, watching each other's backs. You're stronger together. You always were. Now go get Letty and my twin sister. Bring them home."