We Will Have Silence!

Josh was a famous musician. He never sang though. It was weird how people seemed to appreciate his instrumentals. But they loved him. Asking him to make background music for movies and show themes. 

Tyler was his best friend. He wasn't famous but he was second hand famous from Josh. The duo would always be seen walking around. The stupid paparazzi would always scare them while they were hanging out. Josh would sigh and turn back to his friend. Tyler was like a stay-at-home mom, he loved keeping their house nice and tidy but he wasn't a mom nor was he Josh's husband. They were friends, neither of them wanting to commit to something. Serious relationships seemed so draining.  So, Josh called him a stay-at-home Tyler. Tyler was always insisting that he could find a job too and help pay the bills. But it was obvious Josh had enough money for a family.

Tyler was grocery shopping, he was making dinner tonight. He always did. Josh was doing the usual famous stuff. Tyler didn't know what that was, he stopped at the candy section. Josh would always tell Tyler that he shouldn't have too much candy. Tyler loved when Josh told him that because he was rebellious. Tyler was like Josh's son, always looking forward to doing what he told him not to do. To some extent, of course. 

Tyler pushed his cart toward the candy, he always looked at the prices. Today he wanted sour candy. Tyler stared at the price of the candy. Three dollars for an on-brand bag and one for an off-brand bag. You know which one Tyler grabbed. 

-

Tyler made roasted baby potatoes with salmon. His absolute favorite. "Tyler, guess what," Josh said running to the kitchen right after he burst through their front door. Tyler looked up at him curiously. "That smells good," Josh gasped at the smell in the kitchen. Tyler grinned, his cheeks flushing red at the compliment. " Thank you, princess Tyler," Josh said getting on his knees and pretending to bow down at Tyler's feet. Tyler laughed. "Josh!" he smiled. "They gave me a whole box of your favorite candy," Josh said, still on the floor. Tyler's eyes lit up. Josh stood up, smiling at Tyler's expression. "If you eat your food I'll give it to you," Josh smiled. Tyler instantly felt smaller. "Josh, not right now," Tyler mumbled, putting his hands behind his back. 

This wasn't new in their relationship. Tyler's way of coping was Josh's favorite way. He loved watching over Tyler. It had taken Tyler time to adjust. It was hard to trust certain people, his age regression was special to him. But how could he not trust his best friend? Josh was so good at it. Josh would take good care of him, never overstepping boundaries and never saying anything negative about it. Josh was kind. And it made sense to have Josh be his caregiver. 

Josh smiled. "I'm free all weekend. I want to spend more time with you," Josh said. Tyler grabbed their plates. "That sounds like fun. What can we do?" Tyler said. "Anything you'd like. As long as it doesn't involve any violence or weird stuff," Josh shrugged, fixing their plates. "You think I can slip into headspace for a bit?" Tyler asked. Josh nodded. "I've been wanting to take care of you. You've been cooking for me all week," Josh said, setting their plates on the dinner table. "That's what stay-at-home Tyler's do," Tyler smiled. "I need to get you on a cooking show or something," Josh said. "Oh, I'm not that great,"  Tyler laughed. Josh rolled his eyes. 

-

Tyler walked into Josh's room. The older looked at him, waving at Tyler like he didn't just see him earlier. "Wanna start right now," Tyler said in a soft tone, not realizing that he had slipped already. A soft tone Josh recognized. "That's fine, Ty," Josh cooed. Tyler climbed onto Josh's bed and sat down next to him. They stared out the window. Tyler suddenly hugged Josh. The older gasped, not expecting it, but he didn't pull away only hugging Tyler back. "I see you already dressed in your pj's, want to watch a movie? A cartoon?" Josh asked. "Uh-huh," Tyler whispered. "What would you like to watch, Ty?" Josh asked, grabbing Tyler's hand so they could go to his room. "Um, Pooh?" Tyler asked, looking up at Josh although he wasn't any smaller than Josh. "We can do that. Do you want a snack?" Josh asked, he was worried he was asking Tyler too many questions but the little didn't seem to mind. "I want... peanut butter," Tyler said, tugging on Josh's hand. "Peanut butter. That sounds yummy," Josh smiled, letting Tyler sit down on the beanbag. "That's not Pooh," Tyler mumbled staring at the blank TV. "We haven't pressed the power button yet," Josh reminded, grabbing a bottle of water and a packet of the peanut butter and jelly dips. Tyler stared at the food in Josh's hand. "You don't eat that?" Tyler asked. Josh noticed he looked tired. "I'll have one too or would you rather share?" Josh asked, pouring the water into one of Tyler's cups. "Share with you," Tyler said, pointing at Josh as if there was someone else in the room he could share with. Josh laughed softly, he handed Tyler the packet. "Hold onto that, okay? I'm going to shut the window, we don't want you to wake up with icicles," Josh smiled. "Oh no," Tyler said, shaking his head.