Part 14

Bela and Archenbahd began their courtship, which lasted for a year or two before the discussion of marriage came about.

"You're playing a dangerous game, Archenbahd" Chevalier had said when he found out about the proposal.

"You said we have to keep her with us" Archenbahd replied "I felt this would be the least suspicious way to do it".

"May I suggest.." Chevalier started.

"No, you may not" Archenbahd snapped, "I won't put her through that".

"All I'm saying is if we did, perhaps she would understand our unique situation" Chevalier stated, "besides, a pretty girl like her could prove useful while hunting".

"No" Archenbahd said again.

"Suit yourself" Chevalier raised his hands up "She's going to catch on eventually though. And when she does, you are aware of what we have to do".

"Archenbahd!" Bela bounced into the room holding a handful of daisies. She kissed Archenbahd's cheek and tucked a flower behind his ear.

"You look upset, my love" she caressed his cheek, "what troubles you?".

"Just nervous" Archenbahd turned his head to kiss her palm.

"About what?" Bela grew concerned, "What were you two talking about?".

"Ceremony arrangements. We were wondering how to best move the furniture" Chevalier answered.

"Right. I just want everything to go perfectly" Archenbahd hugged Bela,"I want to be a good husband".