Life

“Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.” 

― Dr. Seuss

“I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.” 

― Marilyn Monroe

“You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,

Love like you'll never be hurt,

Sing like there's nobody listening,

And live like it's heaven on earth.” 

― William W. Purkey

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” 

― Robert Frost

“Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.” 

― John Lennon

“It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not.” 

― André Gide, Autumn Leaves

“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.” 

― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

“Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.” 

― Dr. Seuss

“Who are you to judge the life I live?

I know I'm not perfect

-and I don't live to be-

but before you start pointing fingers...

make sure you hands are clean!” 

― Bob Marley

“Just when you think it can't get any worse, it can. And just when you think it can't get any better, it can.” 

― Nicholas Sparks, At First Sight

“Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” 

― George Bernard Shaw

“But better to be hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.” 

― Khaled Hosseini

“Where there is love there is life.” 

― Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

“Of all sad words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these, 'It might have been.” 

― John Greenleaf Whittier, Maud Muller - Pamphlet

“Things change. And friends leave. Life doesn't stop for anybody.” 

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“When someone loves you, the way they say your name is different. You know that your name is safe in their mouth.” 

― Jess C. Scott, The Intern

“The most wasted of all days is one without laughter.” 

― E.E. Cummings

“Once you had put the pieces back together, even though you may look intact, you were never quite the same as you'd been before the fall.” 

― Jodi Picoult

“If you ask me what I came to do in this world, I, an artist, will answer you: I am here to live out loud.” 

― Émile Zola

“Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes, they win.” 

― Stephen King

“I like flaws. I think they make things interesting.” 

― Sarah Dessen, The Truth About Forever

“The saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all. Passion and satisfaction go hand in hand, and without them, any happiness is only temporary, because there's nothing to make it last.” 

― Nicholas Sparks, Dear John

“Remember: the time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself. Life's cruelest irony.” 

― Douglas Coupland, Shampoo Planet

“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.” 

― G.K. Chesterton

“Was it hard?" I ask.

Letting go?"

Not as hard as holding on to something that wasn't real.” 

― Lisa Schroeder

“The past has no power over the present moment.” 

― Eckhart Tolle

“I find out a lot about myself by sleeping. Dreams, they are who I am when I’m too tired to be me.” 

― Jarod Kintz, This Book is Not for Sale

“I walk around the school hallways and look at the people. I look at the teachers and wonder why they're here. If they like their jobs. Or us. And I wonder how smart they were when they were fifteen. Not in a mean way. In a curious way. It's like looking at all the students and wondering who's had their heart broken that day, and how they are able to cope with having three quizzes and a book report due on top of that. Or wondering who did the heart breaking. And wondering why.” 

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“You live but once; you might as well be amusing.” 

― Coco Chanel

“The biggest adventure you can ever take is to live the life of your dreams.” 

― Oprah Winfrey

“please believe that things are good with me, and even when they're not, they will be soon enough. And i will always believe the same about you.” 

― Stephen Chbosky, The Perks of Being a Wallflower

“The best of us must sometimes eat our words.” 

― J.K. Rowling

“I live in my own little world. But its ok, they know me here.” 

― Lauren Myracle

“Real life is a funny thing you know. 

In real life saying the right thing, at the right moment is beyond crucial. 

So crucial in fact, that most of us start to hesitate, for fear of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. 

But lately what I’ve began to fear more than that, is letting the moment pass with saying anything. 

I think you deserved to look back on your life without this chorus of resounding voices saying, I could of but it’s too late now. 

So there’s a time for silent, and there a time for waiting your turn. But if you know how you feel, and you so clearly know what you need to say. 

You’ll know it. 

I don’t think you should wait. 

I think you should speak now.” 

― Taylor Swift, Taylor Swift