𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"What do you want to be when you grow up?" He asked, sitting down across from me at the table.

We were back to 9 years old, just me and Anakin, in the Temple library after I'd forced him to come read with me. All I wanted was to show him my favourite book, but he hated it, so we sat there discussing our ambitions and hopes for the future. We were only children, yet still dreaming big, aspiring to conquer the universe.

The library was huge. The walls were probably 20 feet tall, and the entire room was covered by an accordingly coloured stained glass roof that shone rainbow at sunrise and sunset. The rows of books were so tall that they required ladders, and each shelf was organized by date, author, and genre, no story out of place. Aside from the garden, the library was my favourite place in the Temple. Reading and spending time among the books was always an escape from the reality of training.

"A Jedi Master" I said confidently. Wasn't that my only option?

"I mean if you didn't become a Jedi" He rolled his eyes as if it was obvious.

"A princess" I said excitedly, "The prettiest princess in all the systems"

"Something real" He retorted. Maker, that boy was really something.

"I don't know" I answered honestly, toying with the pages of a book that sat on the surface before of us.

"Well, I would become the best pilot in the whole galaxy" He said proudly, sticking his fists out infront of him and turning his arms from side to side, pretending to fly a ship.

"Stop it Anakin" I giggled.

He mimicked speeding sounds with his mouth and pretended that he was navigating through a giant asteroid field. I laughed at how stupid he looked. "The best pilot the entire universe has ever seen" He repeated, "I'd be unstoppable"

"Fine" I crossed my arms, "Then I want to be a pilot too"

"No, pick something else" He scoffed, sticking his nose up in the air tenaciously.

"I want to be a- um- bounty hunter!" I said.

"That's stupid" He said shamelessly, "Pick something better"

I huffed and slumped back in my chair at his stubbornness. "What about a medic?" I asked, "So I can help people, the same way the Jedi do"

"We have droids for that" He replied, "C'mon Sid, I know there's something you've always wanted to do, but you'll never get the chance to do it". I didn't really have a life before I was brought to the Temple, as my days on Stewjon were limited. I didn't know anything beyond my training and the Jedi Order.

A lightbulb went off in my mind and I sat up, grinning ear-to-ear. "A writer" I said.

"A... what?" He questioned.

"An author" I clarified, "Y'know, I could write books, like the ones in this room". I extended my arms towards the ongoing shelves of books, each organized neatly. There had to be millions of different works from millions of different authors.

He looked at me sceptically, raising his eyebrows, as if to ask whether I was joking or not.

"I could write books about different planets, and different flowers, and different types of animals, oh- and I could even write about when you become the best pilot in the universe!" I exclaimed giddily.

"I would like that" He smiled.

"Really?" I asked.

"Really" He responded, baby blue eyes lit up with excitement...