Invasion (Ch.23)

Peter and I were relaxing on one of the rooftops near the grand central station. Just a few short minutes ago, we had dealt with a few bank robbers. Each of us was doing our homework for the next few days before school starts.

Peter: "OK, that's the English essay about The Odyssey, anything else?"

Y/N: "I've done the Math project. The only thing left is the History essay."

Peter groaned, and I did the same.

Peter: "Why do they give us projects over the holiday?"

I shrugged my shoulders and handed him my math project as he copies it down.

Y/N: "No idea... Personally think they just want to prove a point or something. Besides, why give someone four projects over a three-month holiday?"

Peter: "No idea. Did one wrong here."

He hands me the paper, and I stare at the math problem.

Y/N: "Oh... Should've seen that one."

Peter chuckled, and I shook my head, Peter's brilliant in science and smart. Something that even my Intelligence although getting very close to his... Was lacking. He was born with high Intelligence and improves it frequently.

But I'm not like Peter that finds science magical. I just see the numbers and such, along with the use for it. A case of brilliance born with the gift and one working for it.

Peter: "Don't worry about it. You'll get it."

I sighed and sat back up. Reading over Peter's English essay and tick two paragraphs.

Y/N: "Need to change that... Finish with an answer and your personal view. Finish off strong, not weak."

Peter: "Why?"

I pulled out the sheet given to us for the essay and hand it to him.

Y/N: "Because Mr Grey wants to know if you understand the answer... like the question asked, Is the author right or wrong when-"

Peter: "Hit the deck!!!"

Peter tackled me and clings to the side of the wall as something rockets past us and destroys half of the wall. Peter throws me onto the roof. I pulled out both of my pistols.

Trying to figure out what was going on, Peter jumps up, putting his mask on as I do. But all we saw was rubble and people screaming down below.

Y/N: "Spider-man... What's going on?"

Peter: "I don't know...."

Peter peers up into the sky, and I see it too. A beam of light was disappearing into the air, and where the beam ended, a portal appeared, and creatures were coming out... Aliens of some kind emerged riding in on some form of metallic bike and destroying that part of New York.

Peter: "Isn't that coming from the STARK building?"

One of the aliens, a group of three riding this bike like structure, started racing towards us, then fires down on the building we stood on. Peter and I moved on instinct, leaping towards the ship, Peter webbing the driver. While I fired at the passengers, both shots hit their targets. Making them, all hit the floor with the clunk of metal.

As the body struck the roof, I started to notice the metal and machine parts mixed into one and then that metal framework...

Y/N: 'These are the guys that attacked earth during the first Avengers film.'