0.

Third Person Perspective.

The serene off-road silence complimented the routine stutter of the dull fluorescent lights intended to build a welcoming warmth onto the aged building; cracked bricks and a faded mural told a story that life once bustled through the travelers hidden gem — now only a landmark for all to pass, a quick indicator to inform on how much further until a destination was reached. Off a beaten path midway through the town's forestry, the parking lot was fondly an expert masquerade of the license plates of those who knew no illicit to infidelity — tucked away in a reverse parking to withhold identity.

Scotty's soft cardigan was pulled to coddle her palms with warmth, the subtle wind a simple gust away from revealing a faint outline of what lies beneath the thin cotton dress. A sheer black undertone contrasted against her pristine skin, the delicate lace lingerie as simple as a string tied to her index finger, reminding her of why such a beauty could be found in the midsts of a haunting oasis.

Leather bound combat boots brought a memorable patter against the rough gravel, nearly every rough crunch bringing her cerulean eyes to surpass her shoulder for menace. Loitering in an ominous site dragged anxiety up the center of her chest, wrapping slowly around her airways to create staggered and disrupted breathing, a reminder that one fast grasp was all it took to take her captive into an undesired motel room. Even in the midst of daylight, the vibrant young woman feared danger that was masked behind oak doors, yet here she stumbled to seek her own peril in midsts of the forbidden territory.

The dreary overhead lighting tinted an off-putting green hue, some worn bulbs flickering without a rhythmic pattern. Nothing about Scotty's surrounding welcomes her with warmth, instead doing just the opposite. Each flicker taunted with suggestions for her to flee the scene before she became apart of the scene, an anxious knot enlarging in her stomach with every advance. Small erosions of chills acted as decorative tights along her bared legs when her eyes landed on the room number she was instructed to arrive at. It wasn't until her eyes found the familiar camaro that freed her shoulders of pent up tension. Scotty's fingers cascaded over the hood of the car, the headlights more prominent to the center of the lot, the rear license plate concealed towards the building — this wasn't his first time here.

The vintage cobalt skimmed differently across the pad of her finger, much more matte than the texture the blonde had become so familiarized with. A wary exhale fled her plump lips — something wasn't right. Out of taught habit, her manicured fingertips had skimmed this car time and time again, leaving behind finger prints in case this fondness took a turn down a dirt path to hell. Now, after dozens of rendezvous swipes, the exterior snagged her fingertip, the gloss missing from her touch.

With a slow exhale, a sharp turn had the beauty fleeing across the street to a model much more reflective, much more cared for. That one — that one was his, and yet, it strayed away from the room he whispered in her ear while his teeth grazed her neck ever so slightly.

Blonde spirals trickled down the back of the nervous girl, a safety blanket to rid anyone from grazing her shoulders from behind as she shook the uneasy feeling and approached her assigned room number. A slow three knocks echoed clearly to confirm the promise she was meant to obey, leaving Scotty vulnerable and clad in a worrisome lust beneath the full moon.  "Come on..." Soft words whispered a desperate pray that he hasn't gone to bed without her, while her sight never strayed from the opposing camaro. What an unlikely coincidence that nearly identical cars sat a crossed the way, mirroring one another.

A quiet wooden shriek drew her back three steps as the old door evacuated smoke from the dingy room, embracing her presence with a tart kiss of tobacco. A calloused hand quickly met her lightly made up features, gently greeting her in subtle admiration. A familiar simper spread across his tanned complexion, nearly distracting her from the swirling thumb against her blushing cheek. "I'm so glad to see you..." Scotty's voice cracked through the silence barrier while his deceitful lull loosened the anxious grasp around her throat. The solace of the moment drew her eyes to a gentle shut, melting away in the tranquility of the desired contact.

Seconds pass before her darkened lashes flutter to bring eye contact back to him, glancing from one optic to the other in sincere admiration. To have him in her presence again was alluring, the smallest of contact kindling the spark that would soon erupt their surroundings into a wildfire only one another could combat.

A pleased inhaled expanded his lungs, the swirled pad of his fingers falling to brush against her parted lips. Scotty's shapely brows furrowed at a sudden dampness to her lips, unknowing what precautions to take. The longing touch continued down to her chin, his calming warmth turning cynical by the accented resonance of a thirteen syllables interruption. "Blood looks good on you, princess. It really brings out your eyes."

__

.

.

.

Authors Note: And so the mystery begins! Please keep in mind that this is a gentle look into the future. We can only go down -- I mean up, from here.