Chapter Three

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

WARNINGS:  Swearing, minor gore

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

Shit.

Shit.

Shit!

Twelve hours to think just shrunk down to a few mere minutes if you could think at the same time you spoke. As you spoke to a police officer. Just the sight of this man made the hairs on your skin shoot up and sweat started to fall down your forehead. Back home, you avoided the police like the plague because swords have been banned in Japan for a few decades.

For some reason, the Japanese government thought guns were perfectly okay because, you know, the west thought like that and apparently the west knows best. The only good thing that came from there was the food.

"Hello, young miss. My name is Naomasa Tsukauchi, a police detective." The man looked at Midoirya's mother and tipped his hat at her. "Midoriya-san, Izuku-kun, could you please excuse us? I'm sorry Izuku-kun, for using your bedroom, but this must stay confidential."

Confidential. That is a long and scary word.

What's more, Midoriya and his mother left without much hesitation. Great, the only person you slightly trust is gone and left you with... a police...detective?

Wait, why did they need a detective for you and Ryuko? Why not some regular cop?

"Miss, you may sit next to your brother. I'm only here to ask a few questions," Tsukauchi said with a soothing voice. You hated it. Something was hidden behind that man's sweet tone. But he was the police, so you—reluctantly, very reluctantly—sat down, your whole body stiff and tense as a rock.

You thought Midoriya was a hard one to trust.

"May I know your names?"

You did not want to use your real name. Like really did not want to say your name because that would give the government more leverage than none. But Midoriya already knows your names, so...

"My name is (Y/n) Kaichi." You started playing with your fingers.

"Ryuko Kaichi," mumbled your brother.

The man pulled out a notepad and pen from nowhere and quickly scribbled down what you'd think was your name. "You two are siblings, I presume."

"Correct, sir." Then he pulled out a smooth piece of...actually, you had no idea what it was. But what you did learn was that it opened up and a bright light came from it. He hit a bunch of buttons that had a satisfying click to them.

Then the worst thing a police officer can do happened: his eyebrows raised.

Back to quickly hit more buttons incredibly fast he went, and his brows just moved higher and higher before one dropped. He looked up.

"What prefecture do you two live in?"

That just got too personal. "Why must you know?"

"Your names, your identities—they aren't in the system for the city of Musutafu or for the prefecture Shizuoka. So you must not be around from here. May I know what prefecture you live in so I can pull up your profiles?"

Since when was there a system? Did this guy seriously have information on you and Ryuko? He couldn't possibly! The entire Kaichi family was wiped out just barely a decade ago, and for all it's worth to the government, you died with the rest of them.