1. The truth

Ding!

My phone went off, I picked it up and looked at the unknown message. I thought that it might be my boyfriend pranking me. I opened the message and it had a terrifying picture of someone in the scariest mask suitable for halloween.

Underneath the picture it had the words;

"Roses are red,

Violets are blue,

Watch out Charlotte,

I'm coming for you."

I gasped out loud in shock and saw that the mask that the person was wearing was just like a joker mask.

I messaged the unknown number and said, "Who is this? How do you know my name? How did you even get my number?"

I got a message back but this time it was a picture of me looking terrified at my phone. It was at an angle as if it was taken from outside my bedroom window.

I got another message saying, "I have your address, you might not want to do anything drastic."

I replied back to the unknown message, "what do you mean don't do anything drastic? You know who I am and where I live; whereas I know nothing about you except one thing: You're a stalker and I am calling the police."

I got a message back with another picture but this time it wasn't of the creepy stalker.. it was of a very sharp knife with cherry red blood on it. I gasped out loud and looked around in shock.

I messaged back saying, "Where are you? Are you outside my house?"

I got a notification and it was the unknown number. It had a picture of my house and he was holding the knife up, as if he was waiting for another to clink with it like two glasses corresponding to a cheer . Suddenly there was a knock at the door, it was a pizza delivery. I said thanks and was about to take the pizza when suddenly I realised something. I hadn't ordered pizza and I don't ever order takeout food.

"Who are you? I never ordered pizza and I never eat pizza because I am allergic to cheese," I said. "Who do you work for?"

"Ma'am please calm yourself. I got a call from a boy saying that he wanted pizza delivered to this address," the pizza delivery person said.

"Well, take it back and you're not getting my money!" I replied back.

I slammed the door in his face and messaged the unknown number saying, "Don't order pizza and don't get it delivered to my house again. Do you understand?"

"Don't tell me what to do, I am the only one pulling the strings here," came the reply.

"Ugh, you are so annoying this is my house not yours so stop ordering pizza at my house!"

"Fine! I'll stop but it takes the fun out of it don't you think? Haha!" The unknown man laughed through his text message.

I chucked my phone on my bed and sat down, wiping a tear away from my cheek. My phone dinged and I took my time to pick it back up and read it.

"Stop crying Charlotte. I'm sorry for making you upset."

I had had enough of this stalker.

"Take your mask off so that I can see your face. Or are you scared?" I scowled back tauntingly.

"Of course I am not scared. I never get scared!" He seemingly sneered.

I replied back, "Come up to the window with your mask off then!"

"Fine but you've been warned in advance and you can't say I never," he informed..

I rolled my eyes and opened up the curtain. I waited until I saw a slim figure coming up to the window and waited for them to take off their mask. Panic began to rise in my chest, anxiety filling the pit of my stomach.