Our First Date

I’m a little more excited than I should be… and I’m even in a freaking dress! The dress was light purple on the top, and it merged into a starry black, causing it to look like a purple sunset. I had on black ninja shoes instead of red, and my weapons patch was wrapped around my left arm… I may be in a dress, but I can still kick ass. My hair was down and it fell perfectly to my sides and my back, while it was slightly curled into ringlets at the bottom. One thing that I like about the Ninja World was that acne was non-existent, so all I wore was a little mascara to make my crimson eyes pop more than they already did.

I was ready for our date! I just hope the hokage doesn’t murder me for sneaking out of the hospital…

I looked around from the spot we were supposed to be meeting, desperately searching for Sasuke. Where could that boy be? I lightly sighed as I looked down at the ground.

“I hope he didn’t ditch me…” I said quietly.

“Now why would I ditch my beautiful girlfriend?” I heard Sasuke say.

I looked up to see him in his usual ninja apparel. Wow. I got dressed up and he didn’t even bother putting on some jeans?

“Really, duckbutt? Really?” I teased, walking over to him.

“Duckbutt… that’s a new one.” He started, taking my hand and starting to walk.“So… where do you wanna go?” He asked.

“I thought the guy was supposed to plan everything! Well, now we know who wears the pants in this relationship…” I teased.

“Luckily, I knew this would happen, and I made a backup plan.” I finished.

“Oh really now?” He asked.

“Yes. Now follow me, I have something to show you.” I said, dragging him all the way to the gates of Konoha.

“What do you see when you look past this gate?” I asked.

“I see… me being powerful enough to get my revenge. Me being out there… avenging my entire clan. What do you see?” He asked back.

“I see… me being out there with you. Maybe killing a few people along the way. But… when you rule out all of the killing and revenge… you see a forest with stars above it. Trees… stars… they’re both wonderful things. The trees provide oxygen for the entire world, keeping us alive. They have the burden of carrying billions of people’s lives on their branches, yet they stand tall and live out their lives until their deaths.

The stars… they give me hope. In the world that I was in, there was something that I learned while watching a famous kid’s movie called The Lion King. The stars are the deceased looking down on you… watching over you. Your clan… my family and friends… they’re all there… and I know that when I die, I’ll be in the sky, looking down on you.” I said, gazing off into the distance.

“Kasumi…” He called.

“Yes, Sasuke?” I asked.

“You’re truly amazing, you know that? How did you find out that I have been thinking about my family’s death lately, though?” He questioned.