Blood and Cigarettes

//Tw: self harm//proceed with caution//

Delilah LeBlanc;

It's been 9 months since I first met Harry.

Today I was on my way to the sunflower field, to pick some more flowers.

I rode my bicycle all the way there as usual.

When I began walking over to the sunflowers, I noticed Harry, and someone else.

He was twirling and dancing with another women, just as he once did with me.

My heart dropped to the floor.

He saw me and chased me back and pleaded for me to talk to him.

My eyes began to fill with tears.

I ignored him and went home.

That night, I cut myself.

It had been almost 3 months since I last did.

Harry kept calling that night, I was to nervous to answer.

Maybe I over reacted.

That night, I also got a letter from him.

It read,

Dear Delilah,

       It took me a lot of cigarettes to write this but I don't know what I was thinking. I am sorry for hurting you. What I did was wrong and I understand. Dancing with her felt nothing like how it did with you. I didn't feel alive like I did with you. I was just having a bad day. I am so sorry. I truly love you with all my heart, you are the only person I have right now and I need you. I understand that you may need some time away from me. But you promised you wouldn't leave..so i'm hoping you will come back to me.
    The day I met you was supposed to be the day I took my own life, but you changed that. You saved me Delilah. Nothing in the world could repay for what you did. Again, i'm just hoping you will come back, and I will try my best to make it up to you.

That night was filled with tears.

On Monday, I tried to write back but I couldn't drive myself to do it.

On Tuesday, I went to the Beechwood cafe alone.

On Wednesday, My best friend Madelyn came over. She comforted me.

On Thursday, I went to the sunflower field.

He was not there.

I panicked and rushed to his house that night.

All I saw was blood and cigarettes.