Chapter 3

Adrian's POV.

    I could smell something very sweet but faint. Almost as though the rain had washed away the scent, but it hadn't rained recently. I took another deep breath. I knew what this is.

   "Mate," The thought ran through my head. I followed the scent, it got stronger the further into the forest I went. Towards the western part of my packs borders. I started following the scent to Marie's house. She couldn't be my mate could she? Marie is the finest warrior of my pack. She trains everyone the same way she learned but even my beta couldn't beat her in a fight. Marie was young, only in her early 30's. I remember when she put me in a headlock when I was 18, I had just taken over the pack from my father, and I wanted to prove I was a great alpha. Thankfully she didn't disgrace me in front of my new pack and quickly let go. Then she pledged her loyalty to me if front of everyone. I was lost in my memories and didn't even notice I came to a stop. I walked past the trees in front of me and Marie's house came into view. I remember building it as a lesson from my father.

   "Always show your pack you care about their well being" My father would always say. Movement in the window of the room looking out on the forest caught my eye. Inside was a beautiful woman, her hair like spun rose gold, her body was a Michelangelo statue. She had bountiful breasts that made me ache to hold them. She had a flat stomach that flared out to rounded hips, her long legs were splayed out in front of her. I watched as she touched herself gently. I inched closer, and by doing so caught her attention. She gave me a soft wave before locking eyes with me and pleasuring herself faster. This wicked minx. Didn't she recognize me? Then again I didn't talk to many people. After my father passed I secluded myself to keep from getting attached to anyone. Anyone that could be taken from me again.

   I watched as she came, her beautiful face scrunched up in pleasure. I should be the one she makes that face for. Then she stood up and opened the door. The scent of her arousal and what had just happened, hit me in the face like a truck. She tried to mask the scent with a cigarette but I already knew. She is my mine. Mine. It took a lot for me to leave. With one final intake of her scent I struggle to turn and leave.

    *The next day*

   I don't know when I left my house but I was already running towards my mate's scent the second I was free from my Alpha duties. Skirmishes between rogues and other packs have been breaking out so I had Marie start teaching longer for training and increase the amount of people on patrol as well. When I got to my spot nestled between the trees I sat down. My mate wasn't in the window. I heard a branch snap behind me and whipped around to see what it was. I couldn't see anything so I went to investigate. I came across a herd of deer and from the look that the buck gave me, I knew he wasn't playing around. He snorted and lowered his antlers waiting for me to charge, but instead I turned around and went back to my mate's house.

   She was dancing in a towel. Her hips moved seductively, up and then low her knees bending slightly then back up. It was a weird song but I  liked the way her body moved perfectly to the music, I couldn't help but stare slack jawed. Her towel dropped when she really started getting into it. It looked like she didn't notice, so I took in every square inch of my mate's body. The way her breasts bounced with the movements, her hips swaying and shaking, her face plastered with a smile. The music was interrupted by an ad, she was scowling when she turned around and saw me staring. Her cheeks flushed and she dropped down.

   I couldn't help myself, here she was teasing me everyday. It was maddening. I dashed forward towards the house. I was right under her terrace, placing my front paws on the wall of the house, I stretched myself to see if maybe, just maybe I could have another look at my mate. My claws dragged into the siding like paper. It was if the Goddess answered my internal prayer, as my mate popped her head over the edge. She reached for something and threw it down. It hit me in the head with a thump and I looked down at it. Chocolate milk!? I looked back at her angry now. Did she really just throw fucking milk at my head? Now I'm coming up there.