Epilogue

The ray of sunshine pokes Anbu's eyes, waking him up from his sleep

The ray of sunshine pokes Anbu's eyes, waking him up from his sleep. The first sight he sees is his wife Priya, innocently sleeping next to him. Her hands rest across his chest and her legs are intertwined with his. Moments like these make him chuckle fondly, wondering if this innocent girl was his firecracker wife.

Caressing her cheek, he lays a soft kiss on his forehead before deciding to get up. But before he could, Priya pushes him and flips over so she laid on top of Anbu.

"That's not where you should kiss me," she whispers huskily, nuzzling her nose into his neck.

"When did you wake up?" Anbu asks in a whisper.

"Just now," Priya replies. She kisses the base of his neck before nibbling on it. Anbu allows greater access to his neck as he brings his hands and locks them into her beautiful black tresses. Priya works her way up to his neck. When she reaches his lips, Priya lifts her head back a little to look into his eyes and whispers "Good morning Anbu."

"Good morning Priya," Anbu whispers back before they near each other for their lips to meet-

"Good morning Appa! Did Amma wake up yet?"

They hear the sound of their 8-year-old daughter Dia, just as their lips were millimeters away. Priya curses under her breath while Anbu's face reddens.

"Why did we have kids again?" She asks.

"Because you couldn't keep your hands to yourself?"

"And I'm not ashamed of it."

"You're not going to even try to control yourself, are you?"

"Nope, it's not my fault for having an attractive husband. But this time, we are trying for a boy, got it? I need someone to idolize me."

"Ok ok. Now let me get up so that I can make some breakfast."

"Nooo. Let's stay in bed for some… morning exercise…" Priya says with a wink, as she traces his chest.

"Our daughter is awake. She will come looking for us," Anbu says humorously. 

"Maybe if we are quiet, she will go back to bed?"

"Appa?" Dia calls out again.
Anbu laughs before shouting back, "I'm coming, princess!" He looks at the pouting Priya and tells her, "Don't go back to sleep. Amma is coming to visit today."

"Which Amma? The good or the mean one?"

"Huh? The one that gave birth to you."

"Tch. The mean one? She always has something to complain about me."

"I wonder why…" Anbue teases her. He rushes into the bathroom before the pillow could hit him and quickly freshens up.
Seeing no choice, Priya heads to the bathroom after him while Anbu goes to make breakfast with his little princess.

Wearing a simple kurta and leggings, Priya heads to the kitchen, admiring the father and daughter. Anbu was listening earnestly and making dosas as Diya animatedly described her dream from last night. Enjoying the scene before her, she leans against the wall.

Diya looked a lot like her father, from her dimples to her semi-curly hair. However, that was not the case personality-wise. Much to the delight of Anbu, Diya was exactly like her mom. From her unfiltered speech to the pranks she pulled, she was an exact copy of Priya.

"Look who finally came. Your 8-year-old daughter was able to wake up on time. Aren't you ashamed to be this lazy, Amma?" Diya taunts, realizing her mom had come to join them. Maybe she is too much like Priya.

"Hey, I'm your Amma. Do you see Appa talk to his Amma like this?" Priya scolds.

"No. You talk to your Amma like this," Diya retorts.

"You…" 

"Ok ok relax. Princess, here is your flower-shaped dosa. Eat it quickly and go get dressed before Aachi comes. And Kutty, here is your breakfast," Anbu interrupts, diffusing the fight.

"But look at what she's saying!" Priya whines.

"It's ok ma, she was just telling the truth."
Diya laughs at that. Anbu realizes what he accidentally blurted and winces.

"What?"

"The food is getting cold. Eat it fast."

"Ahaan."

"Appa, did a bug bite you? There's a red spot on your neck," Diya interrupts with her important observation. Anbu's face widens in shock while Priya smiles smugly as they both recollect what happened a few moments back.

"Um… there was this annoying mosquito I had to deal with this morning. It must be from that."

Priya's face turns into a pout for being compared to a mosquito. 

"I'll get my revenge tonight. Let's see if I let you sleep."

"Shhhh," Anbu's face is bright red. Even though it has been 10 years, Priya still has the power to make her husband shy.

Just at that moment, the bell rang.

"Aachi is here!" Diya shouts before going to the door to greet her grandma. Anbu and Priya look fondly at the life they created together. Sure they had many fights, and not one day goes without this family bickering amongst themself. But in this world of uncertainty, they have created a haven of love and respect. And they could want nothing more.

Hi! Hope you like this additional scene! If you did, then please vote, comment, and share 😊