Part 10

DISAPPOINTMENTS COME AND STAY FOREVER.

To some individuals they don't seem to care whether or not their parents are disappointed at them. If they get into trouble, their parents just save their children and scold them to not do those things again.

But those people, I'm not like them. And that is why I keep my things inside the closet.

"Get the hell out of my house!" My mom yelled at the top of her lungs and grabbed Demi's wrist. She tugged Demi outside my bedroom door and closed it. I then opened the door and saw how my mom slapped Demi on the face hard.

Mom saw me and said, "Get back in your room or I will get this girl arrested."

Panicked by her words I obeyed and stayed inside the bed. I could hear footsteps from the hallways and my mom's yelling. I then heard the front door close shut, signaling that Demi had got out of the house.

I glanced through my window and saw my mom outside while watching Demi turn on the engine of her car and then leave. Mom rubbed the temples of her head and crouch on the front lawn. I then look away from the window and stifled a cry.

I slowly sat on the beanie bag just faced at the mirror. I can't help the feelings that my mom had to see.

I kissed a girl and I hated it.

Not because of the girl, it was because it gave my mom a sight of horror. I just don't want her to be upset.

The fear that was hiding all along has now enveloped my little fragile body.

I stayed there looking at myself through the mirror. The world of emptiness has now mirrored from my eyes.

I heard Elias groaned and sat up from my bed. I glanced as he propped his head and scratched.

"What happened?" He asked.

Suddenly, the footsteps from the outside of my door approached. I then gazed back at myself at the mirror and waited for my mom to come in.

She knocked three times before entering my room. I heard her then excuse herself for getting inside.

"Are you Eliza's boyfriend?" She asked. My eyes widen from her sudden change of tone.

Did she not see what I did earlier? I could've said to her that it was my fault.

"You are! Oh what a lovely surprise it is. I'll call your parents that you are going to stay the night here." She then closed the door and proceeded to go down stairs.

I felt that if she would continue to let the image of what she saw earlier get to her, then she would end up broken. She knows, and now it's going to change my life.

After the incident Elias's parents were thrilled about the news and went to our house in the morning. Elias felt guilty but the proud face plastered on his father would mean anything to him. So he had to portray a role in which we both did not like, to become a couple.

Mom never showed any sign of anger towards me. She became more strict in having to practice 12 hours per day and confiscate my phone for the whole day.

Meanwhile Demi, I never heard from her. The kiss we had was pure and special. I felt as if I only liked her due to the fact that she was a great friend to me. The cherry taste from her lips embedded in my mind. A kiss from a girl means everything but she, she was amazing.

Every Sunday, I had to go to church and see Elias as always. His parents were very fond of me and I was happy to be in their acquaintance. The role that we pulled off came together and seemingly fooled people too.

"Eliza, we will have dinner with Elias. You need a new dress for you to wear." Mom said with an expressive and joyful tone. She got a paper bag and then gave it to me. I looked at her and asked. "Did you bought this beforehand?"

"Yes, I love the color red on you. Sorry for informing you in such short notice."

I smiled and then walked up the stairs to fit the dress. I changed my clothes and all of a sudden I hear a knock on my door.

"Sweetie, are you finished?" I heard my dad's voice, luckily I was through and I was hoping that I could talk to him.

"Open the door dad, I need your thoughts on this."

I heard him chuckle and open the door. I faced him and placed my hands on my waist. My dad looked at me with awe.

"So, what do you think?" I asked him. He walked to me slowly and smiled.

"You look so beautiful my little baby girl." He then hugged me and later heard him sniff.

"You crying dad?"

"Just how much you have grown made me realize that everything around me is growing. Look at me, I'm getting older every day." He laughed and I smiled. Dad was an average fifty year old which my mom had a crush on for since she was in high school. Lucky enough, my mom dated her Hot mathematics teacher and then married him.

"Dad don't cry, you'll always be young in mom's eyes." I said while looking at his face.

"Oh honey, I do hope she's okay. She's doing stuff that we both don't want to." I paused as to what he was referring to.

"You noticed?" I asked and he nodded.

"Come, I'll tell your mom that we'll buy you some jewelry."

Me and my dad went out to buy at a local store which sells some nice jewelry at an affordable price.

"What happened after 3 weeks before." Dad asked as we were placing the jewelry at the counter.

"Dad, I hope you get this."

"I wouldn't mind. You're my daughter after all."

I took a deep breath and as we were outside the store, I told him the truth.

"I like boys and girls."

My dad's face shocked as he looked at me.

"That's why. Your mom never wanted anything gay related in our family."

I shrugged, "Yeah what she thought of my uncle was very disrespectful dad. I don't want her to do that to me."

We then proceeded to walk to the playground and sat at the benches. Dad pulled out a can of coke and lend me one also.

"Your mom, she never really hated gays like this. Mainly because of what she sees in your uncle. But for some reason, your uncle was not to blame for their broken family."

I sat up and listened to my father intently.

He paused while drinking and then told me everything that would one day, be at my own history.

"Your grandmother and grandfather are not a great couple. Hell, moreso that your grandfather was also gay and your grandmother only liked girls. It was hidden in your granny's trunk the letters that she had an afair with another woman. Your grandfather was doing his very best throughout his life. To be a great father and husband but then he decided to kill himself to save him the burden. That left your mother and uncle a scar that would one day, your mother would be most afraid of."

My mouth suddenly widen as to what my dad revealed. My grandmother was gay? That's why my mom never wanted my uncle to be the gay that he is now.

"But then your uncle came out, she thought that her family is cursed and that she would never want to be associated with them again. At your grandmother's funeral, she burned every material in which served as a memory that your grandmother kept in silence as a gay woman. She didn't want any person close to her to be like her parents and her brother, until now."

I was shocked that dad knew about this.

"Wait, how did you knew about this?" I asked my dad in confusion. It's not like my grandmother told him everything.

"Your grandmother dated the late principal Rosemary Quintanilla. I saw them every once in a while when I was still teaching. I saw them kiss once while I was smoking at the back of the school."