PROLOGUE

Sera

"Do you believe in happy endings?"

"I am too poor for happy endings."

First of all, I don't know why this drunk guy is talking to me. Second, I might just get fired because of him.

I was working at a restaurant for my part time job. And I was supposed to be home right now if it weren't for me serving a guy who apparently needed someone to share his feelings with.

The guy has black hair, very tall, wears piercings. I would guess he's a student but I also wouldn't because his all black outfit is telling me that he's already working. Perfect lips, sharp jawline, and a pretty nose.

I'd date him but it annoys me we met like this.

He does not stop talking and I think I was in the verge of tears. I swore it was already midnight when I glanced at the clock. I really just want him to pass out but then I'd have to leave him here because I have no idea where he even lives.

I want pizza right now.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"I don't even know your name."

"Why don't you believe in happy endings?" He asked, completely ignoring what I just said.

"I told you, I'm poor."

He brings his face up. I was sitting at the opposite side of where he was at. He could barely open his eyes and just looked like a loser smiling at me.

"Belle lived in a poor society but yet she still managed to get a happy ending."

"Well, Belle isn't exactly a college student who has to pay for her fees by working two jobs with one where she has to keep conversing with a drunk guy she has no clue of now, does she?" I fired. "Oh wait, I'm forgetting something... she's a 2D animated Disney character."

He pouted. "How unrealistic are happy endings to you then?"

"As impossible as how someone could actually handle the beast."

"The beast was nice!"

"Yeah, I just don't find myself surviving when I'm locked up by a beast."

I knew I was bumming him out. It's just that I really wasn't good at conversations. I am an awkward human being forced to have guts because my passion inside is telling me to do so.

I sighed. "Don't get me wrong. Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie."

The man laughs which makes me breathe in relief. It almost makes me forget we shouldn't even be here since I should have closed the restaurant an hour ago. I stand up to go and remove my apron by the counter and I could feel him staring at me from behind.

"Am I keeping you away from something?"

I scoffed. "Yeah, like hours of sleep."