10.

"Breathe, Talia," Sayori laughed, as she held her friend's hand, "You're going to be fine, Tali

"Breathe, Talia," Sayori laughed, as she held her friend's hand, "You're going to be fine, Tali."

"Am I really?" She asked sarcastically, throwing her head back, "I am meeting someone and his family for the first time!"

About an hour ago, Sayori and Talia landed in New Orleans. The weather was beautiful—despite the humidity of the city. Sayori could hear and see the hundreds of diverse backgrounds, and was currently in love with the environment around her.

"Well," Sayori breathed, grimacing, "When you put it like that—"

"There is no other way to put it," Talia stressed, "I'm nervous. Chance and I have rehearsed this moment countless times, but I can't help my thoughts. In a split second, Chance can realize that I'm not what he wants—not only in front of us, but in front of all his friends and family."

"I understand the feeling of nervousness," Sayori began, pausing to take a drink of water, "However, you are going to hold yourself back obsessing over What Ifs and I'm not sure. Go into this weekend with an opened-mind, Amira. Be yourself, and he'll be incapable of not liking you."

"I know," Talia pouted, "I'm overthinking this."

"There is nothing wrong with that," Sayori smiled, "Allow yourself to know someone genuine and special, Tali. You deserve it."

Before their conversation could continue, a horn caught their attention. Sayori couldn't help the wide smile that formed as Imaan exited CJ's truck. Excitedly, Sayori opened her arms and accepted Imaan's hug.

"Hi Bubba," She laughed as Imaan planted kisses all over her face, "Someone missed me!"

"I did," He admitted, leaving a few lasting kisses on her lips, "I really did." He embraced her once more, swaying them both.

"I missed you," She removed an eyelash from his face, "I'm glad I'm here."

"Me too," He kissed her once more, before eyeing her suitcases, "Phat, you gon' be here for three days. You needed all these clothes?"

"Yes sir," Sayori raised her eyebrows, "I needed options. I'm meeting the family and the friends, Bubba."

"Okay, Phat," He laughed, picking up her luggage and carrying it to the truck. Dramatically, Imaan grunted as he hoisted Sayori's luggage into the backseat, "Damn, girl."

"It is not even that heavy," Sayori smacked her lips, peering over her shoulder at CJ and Talia, "Baby, look!"

Sayori watched as CJ leaned against his truck, a smirk forming on his face, "So you not happy to see me, hm?"

Both Sayori and Imaan snickered, as embarrassment flashed on Talia's face, "I am! I'm just nervous."

"Nervous fa' what?" He stepped closer to her, causing Sayori to scream internally, "Come here, T." He reached for her arm, pulling her in for a hug, "Act like you know me, Talia. We not strangers, love. Okay?"