Chapter II: Adjusting

David POV*
I could hear screaming and yelling which I assumed was either Gwen or the campers. I tried to open my eyes but couldn't. All of a sudden a burning pain coursed through my veins and I screamed in agony. I could feel someone holding me down as I was screaming,when the burning just stopped. I tried to open my eyes again and succeeded. I blinked a few times to get used to the light.i recognized the place as my cabin. I tried to sit up but couldn't. I looked down at my shoulder to see it heavily wrapped in gauze. I looked over and saw Gwen sleeping in the chair next to me with max playing on my phone. He looked up and saw me moving around and shook Gwen awake."He's up." Gwen rushed over to me and hugged me, causing me to groan in pain. "How long was I out?" I asked. She backed up and sat back down. "A few hours."she responded."So... What the hell happened in the woods?" I sigh. I begin telling her what happened and she interrupts me. "So you went for a early morning hike and got attacked by a wolf?" "Yes" I swung my legs off the bed and told Gwen I was going to go wash up. "Ok" she said and took Max outside with the rest of the campers.
I headed to the bathroom and looked in the mirror. My hair was very messy and I was able to tame it. I was getting ready the brush my teeth when I saw it. Fangs. I had... Fangs. I couldn't believe my eyes but I leaned closer to the mirror to get a better look. My eyes didn't deceive me. My canines had most certainly gotten longer and sharper. As I was puzzling over my teeth I found that I had been in the bathroom for little over half an hour and I rushed to finish up. When I was done I changed clothes and exited my cabin, not ready for what I would find.