Prologue

| ʜᴇʏ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ! ᴛʜᴀɴᴋꜱ ꜰᴏʀ ᴄʟɪᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴏɴ ᴍʏ ʙᴏᴏᴋ, ɪ ʜᴏᴘᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡɪʟʟ ᴇɴᴊᴏʏ ʀᴇᴀᴅɪɴɢ ᴛʜɪꜱ ʀᴇᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴠᴇʀꜱɪᴏɴ ᴏꜰ ᴛᴍᴏʏᴅ <3 |

···

"Happy Anniversary!"

I threw my arms around his neck and pecked his cheek before blowing the candle and placing the cake on the table.

With eyebrows furrowed, my boyfriend asked me, "Uh…love, what's that?" He pointed at the small grey box that's placed beside the cake.

My eyes widened but before he could notice it, I quickly smiled and snatched the box in an instant.

"N-Necklace!" I grinned. "It's the necklace you gave to me last summer, remember?"

He tilted his head then stared at my grinning face for a solid five seconds.

"Love, are you sure? I don't remember any—"

"Love... This isn't even important to talk to, just change the topic." I smiled.

"Alright, alright. So, where do you want to eat dinner? Here at my place so we don't need to leave, or…" He snaked his arms around my waist as he smiled before swaying our bodies slowly.

"Love... it's our anniversary, it should be special! Celebrating it here will be boring. See?" I gestured around the house despite the tightness of his hug. "We don't even have candles here, it's not romantic, plus, our house is messy~" I whined.

"But love…" He cupped both my cheeks before pecking my nose. "It's already midnight, and there are no stars visible. Meaning, it will rain. I don't want us to get in trouble."

I pouted again and crossed my arms before sitting on the couch beside us. "You asked me where I want to go but you already contradicted me even though I didn't say anything yet."

"I asked you because I thought you'd choose here, love, we always celebrate our past anniversaries outside. You said you want to make it special, right?" he asked. "Then let's celebrate it together, alone and far away from noisy people."

I didn't reply, face is default as I only stared at the side of his face.

He's always like that. Last time, on the same date, I'm the one who asked him where he wanted to go, and obviously, his answer was: "At my place or yours. There, we're much safer." And now… nothing changed.

Every time our anniversary is near, he always acts strange, and it bothers me sometimes. Or should I say, it annoys me.

He said that he's just afraid to lose me, and of course, I'm afraid to lose him too. He's the only man I would love and cherish until I die. He's my one and only.