Chapter 9

Chi Brooklyn Monroe

                                     {May 14, 2021}

    I freeze unbelievably as I watch the massive people on the street, on the side wall, just everywhere. I hadn't expected this many people to come out. Yeah maybe like at least four hundred but the crowd that stood before my eyes was over the amount that I thought would show up.

" Why you acting so surprised? You know they said fine ass Dave East was gone be here. Like these bitches weren't gone dress up and come to see they claim to be nigga." Hazel jokes while I still was recovering from the fact that so many people had shown up. " How are they gonna manage all these people ?" I ask.

" They have plenty of security here." And on que two decent, chocolate men dressed as security walked by giving us a wave. Hazel and I wave back out of respect. " I think my single days might be over ! It's some fine ass men out here." Hazel wasn't lying at all. Before we had even made it to the entrance there had to be at least ten men tops that I eyed because they were just drop dead fucking fine. Hazel pats my arm. " Chi, you might even find baby girl a good step dad." She jokes yet again this time I didn't laugh with her.

If she only knew the conversation or better yet argument I'd gotten into yesterday with Treasure's dad she'd know I wasn't in no type of mood at all to find somebody. Yeah I looked but didn't act on anything with these dudes.

" Let's find us a place to park. I need to get something to eat." I pout. " I'm super hungry." Hazel nods, waiting on the three teen girls to walk by the car before she placed her foot on the gas and started looking for us a place to park.

I knew this had been a bad idea. I unfortunately just wanted to be out the house and around friends, but this walking wasn't it. We both knew that it'll be packed I just wasn't expecting to have to park three blocks away and walk back to where they held the event.

" Think about it Treasure might be making her arrival soon with all this walking." I leave it all up to Hazel to find the pros in things because today I just wasn't having it. I still felt sour about arguing with Gionni. I didn't even know if he wanted to see my face today. The reason why I came is because before the fake interview we did he told me about this event he was doing for bet and how he wanted me to meet a couple of people of course I was down for the idea and as you can see now I'm still down for it.

" Ladies!" We got stopped in our track with a gentleman holding a tray with different colors of the rainbow drinks. I gave him a stupid expression. The sun couldn't have gotten to him, for him to see that I clearly was pregnant.

" Um sir is that alcohol ?" Hazel asks him.

" No." he chuckles. " I wouldn't be dumb coming up to a beautiful pregnant women and offering this. It's more like punch with kool-ache, something I'm trying out." I felt iffy so I didn't gladly take the drink unlike Hazel who did. " You see that store over there ?" He turns slightly, pointing to a small brick white building that read ' Leo's Dessert Treats'. " That's were I work. I'll be open all day. Just swing by and I'll hook you beautiful ladies up."

" Awe. Thanks boo. We surely will." Hazel speaks for us.

" You ladies have a safe day." We wave bye to him. Hazel and I wasted no time starting our walk again towards the center of where they held the block party.

————————————————————————————————————