💙House of Angels Emergency (Hyunsung)

This story started based on the song "No One Knows Who I Am" from the musical Jekyll and Hyde but quickly turned into something else. I'm still debating whether I will continue this in separate parts or leave it as it is. I'm not sure. We'll see. If you are interested in this being continued, just lmk!!! Also, there's no specific pairing in this story, but I labeled it as Hyunsung since they're the closest in this story.

---

The House of Angels Gentlemen's Club was a renowned club in Seoul run by none other than Bang Chan. At this club, they had plenty of performers, most notably, Hwang Hyunjin and Han Jisung, as well as some quickly rising stars such as Lee Felix. All of which had beautiful stage names. The House of Angels was a very classy and very expensive club. Only the very wealthy were able to get in. Anyone else was turned down unless they were invited, which was very rare.

Hyunjin was in the dressing room, getting his outfit ready for his performance. It was his third and final for the night. He was finishing lacing up his blouse loosely so that it would be easier to take off during the show. He shared the dressing room with Jisung. He was going on after Hyunjin, so he was currently just sitting in his chair, watching whatever on his phone, not yet getting ready. He would start once Hyunjin was called out.

For some reason, of all nights, this night, Hyunjin was feeling some strange negativity and was in a shallow mental state. He didn't want to go out and perform to entertain hundreds of wealthy and desperate men. He wanted to be home by himself, preferably sleeping.

Felix had just started his number, so Hyunjin had time to spare. He sat down, staring at himself in the mirror, trying to console himself. He was hoping that he'd be able to get through the performance fine that night, but his mind was quick to wander to the existential side that he tried to ignore, but it came full blast, and he couldn't hold it in anymore.

He sighed loudly before looking at Jisung in the mirror. "Jisung?"

Jisung hummed in response and taking his gaze away from his phone to look at Hyunjin, who had one of the saddest looks on his face. He could immediately tell that something was wrong, so he set his phone down and walked over to the others table, sitting next to him. He wrapped an arm around his shoulder, looking at the older in the mirror.

Hyunjin quickly turned to face Jisung with a severe expression, knocking his arm off in the process and slowly scooting away from him. Jisung also turned as well, looking at Hyunjin as he began speaking. "Look at me and tell me who I am."

Jisung was confused but still answered the question. "You're Hwang Hyunjin...?"

Hyunjin shook his head, not getting the answer he was looking for. "That's not what I mean. Why am I what I am?"

The anxiety rushing through Hyunjin's system was immense, but his desperate need for answers was more important and took over. That was the only reason he wasn't stuttering over his words. He needed to be assertive in his questioning.

"Um... I don't know... You never told me why you started..." Jisung was growing even more confused with every second. The questions Hyunjin was asking had answers that he didn't know.

Hyunjin laughed with his mouth shut. It was coated in sarcasm and pain, but Jisung didn't question it in fear of what would happen if he did. "I was just seeing if you could help fix my problems. You're fine. I don't even know what I'm asking, really."

Jisung wasn't sure what to do. He hadn't ever seen this side to Hyunjin, so he wasn't sure how to console him. He was about to say something, but Hyunjin beat him to it.

"Can I vent for a little bit?"

"Of course..."

Hyunjin smiled sadly in gratitude for Jisung's support. He looked around, avoiding eye contact with the other for a little before moving a little further away and continuing. "It's just that... before I came here, there were so many possibilities that I could've taken advantage of. I had so much going for me, you know. But now, all of those dreams that I had might as well be memories. They're gone. I just wonder, is this all I'm meant to be? Is there going to be anything else for me after this? This job is so terrifying. There're some nights that I'm scared I might not even survive. But if I don't, who'll really care? No one will give a damn. I mean, it's not like I'm worth anything to anyone..."