Chapter 4

While a young lady across town kept reminiscing about the moment she met what she called her ‘soul mate’, tension was beginning to be felt inside Zhi Gang and Bo Xiang’s house.

It has only been a month since they returned from their honeymoon but it seemed like a couple on a warpath, their fight was slowly polluting what was once a soothing atmosphere.

Everyday Bo Xiang would wake up before Zhi Gang, spent the whole day without replying to his text messages or answering his calls. He would stay at work until late; grab something to eat at the cafeteria before going home.

He would get home knowing that Zhi Gang was asleep, he did everything to not get in contact with him, Bo Xiang did not want to feel Zhi Gang’s presence at that moment in time.

No one was willing to change their decision or meet the other one half way, they both felt like the other one should understand their decision. They would fight over small things like toothpaste, wet towel not hanged, clothes not picked on the floor.

Out of all the people who were worried about them, Sun Wen Jie was the only person who felt helpless about their situation; he knew the reason behind their fight, he somehow felt like his cousin was being selfish but didn’t want to tell him straight to his face…

“beep beep,” Bo Xiang received a message from Wen-Jie;

I am on my way to your office right now, I am bringing you lunch

Bo Xiang knew that his cousin was using that as an excuse to talk to him as he has also been avoiding him, few moments later he heard a knock on the door. “That was fast,” he thought to himself. “Wen-Jie come in already,” he said after the third knock.

He looked to the door and to his surprise, it wasn’t his cousin who was entering his office but Hui-Feng’s
sister, “You!” he said, “what are you doing here and who let you in?” he asked

“There is no one out at the front desk so I decided to come in, I didn’t want to wait as I would be late for class if I waited a bit” Jiga-Ling said.

Bo Xiang was still confused and she raised her one hand that was holding a lunch box bag, “well, I brought you this. You did say you would try the food next time didn’t you?”

“Well I was only jok-”

Realizing what he wanted to say, “Ah… I am sorry but I am already here” she said, “Oops, Look at the time” she added as she checked her wrist watch, “Yeah, I have to go attend class or I will be late. Enjoy the food” she said as she walked out.

Wen-Jie was checking his phone when suddenly he bumped into Jiga-Ling,

“Hey! Watch where the fuck you are going, will you,” she left before Wen-Jie could say anything.

Wen-Jie was left startled and was busy mumbling while walking to Bo Xiang’s office, “She bumped into me… not the other way around. Yet she has the audacity to swear at me,” he opened Bo Xiang’s office,

 Yet she has the audacity to swear at me,” he opened Bo Xiang’s office,

“SHE DOESN’T HAVE MANNERS! SHE IS A GIRL BUT SHE SWEARS! ILLMANNERED!”

“Hey! What’s going on with you?” Bo Xiang asked him.

“What type of employees do you guys employ? Do you guys run a background check on them or just hire them because of their beauty?”

“Sun Wen-Jie? What are you talking about?”

“Some lady just walked my way and bumped into me, she then told me to fucking watch where I go and before I could say anything she just left. The nerve!” Wen-Jie said.

Bo Xiang couldn’t imagine Wen-Jie being told off and laughed. “I will check who it was and ‘scold them for you’ okay?”

“Mh, do that” he sat down and started unpacking food, “She even made me hungry… come let’s ea-” he paused as he looked over the table and saw a lunchbox bag, he smiled “So you guys fixed things? Ah thank Go-”

“No” Bo Xiang said as he sat down next to him, “it is not from him”

“Oh, who is it from then?” Wen-Jie asked.

“My secretary’s younger sister”

Wen-Jie raised his eyebrows in confusion waiting for Bo Xiang to further explain why he would receive food from his secretary’s sister, “Bo Xiang, why would your secretary’s little sister bring you food?”

Bo Xiang surprisingly looked at him, “it’s not what you are thinking. Hahaha” Bo Xiang started laughing,
“It’s actually a funny story…”

“Please, do tell. Explain it to me,” Wen-Jie said in an annoyed voice

“Well, apparently her sister slept over at her place and left without eating breakfast that she had made. She has this rule of not letting people leave her place without eating breakfast when they came for a sleepover-”

“What does that have to do with her bringing you food? it’s not like you are the one who slept over at her place... did you?”

“No, her sister told her that she didn’t know how to cook and that is why she left without eating, I overheard them and laughed. She noticed and asked me to try eating it”

“You did say no right?”

“Mh, I said no maybe next time and this was her next time”

Wen-Jie looked at him, “you really are stupid you know that” He said as he hit him on his forehead

“Wen-Jie!!!”

Wen-Jie opened the lunch box and carefully scanned it, he smelled it and licked the chicken that was inside,

“What are you doing?”

“Checking to see if you can eat the food”

“Her sister said she can’t cook so I doubt I will… hey what are you doing?” he looked at Wen-Jie and saw him burying his face inside the lunch box

“Well, I don’t know what her sister meant when she said she can’t cook but this… this is delicious”

“Wen-Jie” Bo Xiang said as he snatched the food away from him,

“This is mine!”

“But… you don’t… want to eat… it and I brought… you food” he said while still chowing

“Disgusting… where are your manners, finish eating first then you will talk, but I am keeping the food”

Bo Xiang said he stood up and put the lunch box inside his desk drawer
“Are you done?” he asked, Wen-Jie nodded. Bo Xiang went to sit next to him, “I know you didn’t just bring me lunch, what’s going on?”

“We need to talk…”

“About what?”

“The baby…”

[okay, it's been long overdue, I think i should just say why Bo Xiang is angry in the next chapter.... And we know that Bo Xiang can really get grumpy... I apologise for any grammatical errors. Please remember to vote, suggest/comment and share/recommend]