i. all of my enemies started out friends

all of my enemies started out friends;❛ moth to a flame ❜❝ you have been lying to me since the way I met you ❞

❛ moth to a flame ❜
❝ you have been lying to me since the way I met you ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Leyha was just a six year old girl settling into her new family home when her family was killed.

She just got back from getting water from a nearby river and the first thing she saw when she got close to the small wooden house was her older sister laying on the floor with her throat slit open.

She gasped and her hand flew to her mouth. Tears appeared in her eyes as she stared at her sister's lifeless body in shock. The barely trained airbender didn't get a chance to call for help because a deep voice behind her spoke up.

"What do we have here?"

Leyha furrowed her eyebrows and turned around to look at the man who spoke. He had a smirk on his face and was dressed in red and silver armor, looking down at her with a dangerous glint in his eye. The girl's brown and innocent doe eyes looked behind him, fear bubbling inside of her at the sight of the multiple soldiers looking down at her as if she was prey.

"Stand down." The smirking man said, making Indra quickly realize he was the leader. He soon stepped closer to her and kneeled down in front of her.

"No need to be scared, Little One." he promised, "We heard of the attack in the forest and wanted to see if we could still save anyone. We're here to help."

"But my parents ── "

"Would want you to be safe." He promised, "So I think it would be best if you followed me to my Palace. You will be safe and protected there."

Leyha ── being as naive and innocent as most children ── could merely nod and take his hand, with no knowledge she was following the enemy right into his golden cage and being just another pawn in his game for power.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EIGHT YEARS LATER

"I win." Leyha exclaimed, giggling as jogged towards the wooden target to pull out her arrow with a proud grin on her face.

"It is not my fault you spend hours training archery while my father draggs Azula and I away for extra training." Zuko scowled, faking annoyance and trying to suppress how Leyha's excitement made him want to grin right back at her.

He was not lying though, she was so much better at that than him. As the heir to the throne, he had to train firebending, study and train with weapons. Indra could focus on whatever she wanted.

"Well, I still think I deserve a prize." The teenage girl sang as she skipped towards the prince with a small smirk on her face. Her long brunette hair tied up in a braid swung left to right as she did.