ii. a meeting with destiny

a meeting with destiny; ❛ moth to a flame ❜❝ he doesn't look like a liar or a spy to me ❞

❝ he doesn't look like a liar or a spy to me ❞

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Leyha had been running for three years and was slowly getting tired of it.

Who was she without the Fire Lord's protection and the loyalty of the royal family? She did not have the time to figure that out. After finding out that her entire life was a lie and that she had a much greater purpose in life, she lost track of who she was outside of the duty she had to her family history.

Once she had the time to read through her family journal, she discovered that her and the Avatar's fates were intertwined. Leyha was convinced that the Avatar was alive because if they weren't, she wouldn't feel such an empty feeling in her chest. She felt as if her other half was missing.

Her family has been protecting the Avatars for centuries. Ever since the first Avatar's lover followed him into the spirit world and lost his life saving him, airbenders were destined to protect each one of Avatar Wan's reincarnations.

Like a lunatic, Leyha spent the past three years running away from her past in hopes of finding a greater purpose.

That was why a part of her hated Tenzin for following her. At first, he claimed that he was just helping her escape the kingdom. By the time they were clear from anyone loyal to Ozai, he told her he wanted to come with her. She felt suspicious at first. Who could blame her? If his half-brother, her most trusted friend, could betray her why wouldn't the quiet bastard desperate for his father's approval?

The more time she spent running away from firebenders with Tenzin, the more she learned about his hatred for Ozai. That was why she let him keep her company.

They slept in trees, caves, stables, and basements. The life they lived was a big change from the life in the palace but it was a burden that they were both willing to take if it meant that they got their freedom.

The two rarely trusted people after running away, especially strangers. That was why Tenzin was so reluctant to stay on Kyoshi Island. It was the longest they had ever spent in one place.

Leyha lost track of how many days they were in their camp. Maybe it was a month, maybe it was more. It didn't matter because she did not feel like herself in years until she arrived at the island.

She was taught how to use weapons rather than her bending by Kyoshi Warriors and almost became one of them. Despite the fact that she trained, ate, and slept with them, she was not a Kyoshi Warrior. She wore their make-up and their clothes but she swore no oath. She was an honorary member.