Chap. 1

Yūrēno didn't entirely know where he was, but he did know his mother left him. He was scared, he didn't like being scared. Then as he was standing in the entrance of the main room where other kids were playing another boy was brought in. They were trying to put him in a mask type thing. "Hey miss? Why are you doing that?" I ask while pointing to the other boy. "Well you see his quirk is bad, so he needs this so you all can be safe." She explained but it felt like she was lying. "Oh... can he still play with me?" I asked knowing he was gonna be stuck with the mask anyway. "Fine, he can play for today." The mistress said, and I smiled. I reached out my hand lowered, as to not scare him. He stared at it for a second before taking it in his and nodded. I slowly pulled him away from everyone else. "Alright do you know sign language?" I asked him, and his eyes lift up, as he nodded. "Well that's good, my name Is Yurēnō. What's yours?" I signed to him. "It's Hitoshi" he replied "nice to meet you Toshi, is it ok to call you that?" I hesitantly signed my question, hopingI didn't cross a line already. "It's fine, what's your quirk?" He asked "It's called ghost bombs... nobody usually likes me after I tell them, though." I replied and looked down, not wanting to se his reaction. He knocked on the floor to get my attention. "Mines called brainwashing, all someone needs to do is verbally reply to me for it to work. people don't usually like me either when I tell them." He said with a shrug, but I like to pride my self on my judge of character, he looks sad. "Well we'll just have to be friends then. if no one likes us because we can't control what quirks we were born with then we'll have to be there for each other." I signed the las part of my sentence becauseI didn't want the mistress to overhear and get mad. Toshi nodded. " alright everyone it's time to go to your rooms, and Bakugou you're to where these gloves every time your in this building, we don't need your quirk doing anything. Now would we?" She asked but I knew I had no choice. "Yes mistress." I relied as she locked the gloves over my hands. She put Toshi and I in the same room, it had two floor mats and a single beat up dresser to put our clothes. We pushed the mats together and went to sleep.

Time skip by five years

Toshi and I are now nine and the beating have only gotten worse, both at school and at the orphanage. I haven't spoken since I was six. We were both locked in the pit hugging each other when we heard shouting and the door opening, but the man who walked in wasn't someone we were ever expecting to see in person. "You're Eraserhead." I signed with a awe struck stare. He seemed surprised for a moment. "That's right, I am. How would you two like to come home with me and my fiancé?" He asked and I turned to Toshi, if he didn't want to I wasn't gonna leave him. He nodded after a moment so turned back to Eraserhead and also nodded. "I'm glad. Now can I pick you up?" He asked and waited for our permission. We both agreed, to tired for this mornings beating and having not eaten in a couple of days. He picked us up and walked out of the room. "Are those the little listeners?" A new voice asked "yeah, and they both agreed to come with us." Eraser stated. The other man, who I think is Present Mic nodded and told the mistress that the orphanage would be under investigation for child abuse, child neglect, and discrimination. I reached across Eraserhead's chest and grabbed Toshi's hand he nodded slightly. I got Eraserhead's attention and pointed at Toshi's muzzle. "I know kids we'll get it off once we get back to the apartment. I know it's gotta be uncomfortable. I also noticed your gloves those can come off too." He answered any questions we had so I just nodded against his shoulder. He walked over to a small black car and slowly put us down. "Alright this is our car, do you wanna sit next to each other?" He asked and we nodded. "Alright in you go." He printed as he put us scarf on the drivers side back seat. I looked at Toshi and he nodded, and got I. The middle seat, while I got the passengers side back seat. After we got buckled I grabbed his hand again, he squeezed it, letting me know we would be ok. I squeezed his back to let him know I got his message. I slowly reached for his head and brought it towards my shoulder, "s-s-sle-ep T-To-os-shi." I said, my voice coming out scratchy and gravely. It hurt to talk. Toshi nodded and fell asleep, as I kept a watchful eye on the two adults. "So you can speak?" Eraserhead asked. "Bo-oth c-c-ca-an... h-h-hu-u-ur-r-rts." I tried replying verbally and only got a few words out before I started coughing. "Here" he gave my a water bottle and I signed thank you, he nodded in return. The water felt nice on my throat but my stomach didn't like the idea so I stopped drinking and put it in the cupholder.

Once the car stopped my anxiety grew, Toshi seemed to sense this and woke up. He grabbed both my hands and slowly pulled me towards him and hugged me while running his hands threw my hair. After a few moments I noticed the adults staring at me with an emotions I couldn't understand. Toshi patted my head, I leaned back and looked at the two adults. I tilted my head, a way of asking if something was wrong, Earserhead shook his head before pausing and slapping his forehead. "I just realized we haven't introduced ourselves, I know you know our hero names but my name is Aizawa Shota." "And my name is Yamanda Hizashi." They both introduced themselves. We nodded. "You both know our names... Yamanda asked if we were the little listeners... so I'm assuming you saw us in the book thing at the mistresses place?" I signed. "That's right. We saw you and wanted to meet you." Yamanda said smiling. The corners of my mouth twitched and I nodded.