two

be sure to vote and comment!

talia had to finally tell herself she had rehearsed enough. she had a very bad habit that every time she was going to record a new cover, she would practice it way too many times before she even pressed record on her camera. she always wanted her first take to be perfect.

she adjusted her camera to fully capture her upper body and turned on the proper lighting. she took a few deep breaths, tinkering with the piano keys. she finally gained the courage to press record and she began playing traitor by olivia rodrigo.

her nervous feelings immediately melted away. she was so at peace when she was playing music. she loved it. when she played, she could envision doing what she loved on a much larger scale some day.

talia was unaware that as she recorded, max was standing in the doorway, admiring his girlfriend's talent.

"that was really good," he gushed, causing talia to jump up after turning off the camera.

"you scared me i didn't know you were there." she tried catching her breath.

"i always hang around when you film." she couldn't tell, but max said this a bit upset with the fact that she never noticed.

max and talia had been living together for just about 3 months now. it made sense with where they were in their relationship, and gave talia a reason to finally move out of her parents' house. strangely, they found themselves spending less intentional time together. when before they would go on dates and randomly hang out, they would now only consistently see each other as they laid down to sleep.

"so i wanted to ask you," max said, stepping behind his girlfriend's chair to hug her shoulders. "my parents are going to their beach house this weekend and they wanted us to tag along. i figured it would be a nice getaway for us."

"i'd love to but this weekend doesn't work, remember? i'm helping karl with one of jimmy's shoots this weekend and it's overnight."

"oh," max stepped back. "yeah, i forgot. i'm probably still gonna go though, my parents practically begged."

"that'll be really fun. i'll make sure and have my schedule clear for next time." talia said, standing to kiss her boyfriend's cheek. oblivious to the fact that he was upset with her busy schedule.

"how about you karl? no one else wants to. will you go live with me tonight?" george asked, after being shot down by his other friends.

"i'm sorry man, no can do. i'm helping talia edit and post a video tonight." karl said while shuffling a stack of trading cards in his hands.

"i wish i got childhood friend privileges." george mumbled.

"awww, is george attention deprived?" quackity teased.

"yes! because no one will stream with me! if i go without a stream much longer, they'll trend 'george is in florida' again."

karl set his cards aside when he saw his phone screen light up.

tally <3
hey im on my way !
see you in a few:)

"hey guys, i'm gonna go ahead and hop off. i'll talk to you guys tomorrow." karl announced, scooting his chair forward to leave the call.

"see ya, karl." sapnap chimed.

"bye karl. tell talia we said hi." dream said just before karl left.

the boy, who just a few minutes prior could have fallen asleep, had a new energy to him. this happened every time talia came over. he would get giddy and anxious, waiting on her to walk in without knocking, like she always did. he looked forward to hearing his front door open and shut, followed by his long time friend's humming. she always hummed. he also always looked forward to when she recorded a new cover, because that meant he got first dibs on it. she always wanted him to watch and review it. she looked for his stamp of approval to go ahead and post it, even though he always said overwhelmingly yes.

and just on cue, karl heard the front door open, and then shut, and then a light humming floated in the air.

"hi tally." he crossed his legs in his desk chair, his eyes following her as she sat down on his bed, taking her backpack off.

"hi karly." she riffled through her backpack, pulling out a camera which she plugged into our laptop.

knowing the drill, he grabbed the laptop from her. he pulled up the cameras video files, opening the most recent one. he propped the computer up on his desk and sat back, ready to hear what she had made.

@ honkkarl
you guys aren't ready for talias new video. maybe the most beautiful cover she has done yet. man my friend is talented:,)

      reply
     @ taliab
     sshhhh

      reply
     @ quackity4k
     wait i want early talia content access

"i really should get going. max is leaving pretty early to go spend the weekend with his parents at the beach so i want to be able to see him tonight," talia sat up and began putting her items back in her backpack. "thank you again for helping. i really do appreciate it."

"of course. you know i'll always help you with that stuff." karl said before walking his friend to her car.

"be safe heading home okay?"

"always," talia smiled, giving her friend a hug. "love you. see you later."

she got into her car and left, making karl immediately start reliving every moment from their time together that night. he began wishing he would have appreciated their time together more in the moment, as he did every time talia left. he always wanted just another moment.

"love you, tally." he whispered, watching her car drive off.