Chapter 14

They pulled the carpet up after moving the furniture out of the room.

"It's a bonding symbol" Takara frowned.

"I have seen this before" Gojo said paralyzed.

"How? This is not a common symbol" Nanami hunkered and touched it. "It's not even painted, it's carved".

Takara turned to face Gojo. He had his blindfold down and was static.

"It used to be on top of my bed as a child." He whispered.

Nanami looked up at both of them. "What do you mean?"

Takara chuckled, and then laughed. She was nervous, confused, weak and hurt from all the memories and everything that she didn't understand.

Nanami and Gojo stared at her, silently. She then started to cry and her knees hit the floor.

"I'm so tired" she whispered when they got closer to her.

She looked up, and she frowned. The drawing of a butterfly was printed on her closet doors.

"Could any of you open the closet?"

Nanami held Takara from the shoulders and nodded as Gojo let her go. He walked and opened the doors completely. He took everything out.

"There isn't any symbol here" he shook his head.

He knocked the back wall, it was hollow. "But there's something hidden in here".

He smashed the wall, and found a jade ring and a book.

"It takes two to open" He read out loud.

"Two what?" Nanami said frowning.

"Two rings" Takara replied. "The other part it's outside."

( . . . )

A single butterfly was flying in front of them, guiding them.

"If the users of the ring touch it at the same time we should be able to read what's inside" Nanami spoke "or at least that's my theory".

"I agree with you" Takara nodded without losing the butterfly from her sight.

"I'm guessing this was Satoshi's ring" Gojo said looking at his finger.

"I'm not entirely sure about that yet" she said stopping as the butterfly flew lower.

There was a river in front of them. It was deep, and the water ran calmly. There was a rounded stone on the other side and it seemed to be guarded by plants. The butterfly stood there.

"I'll get it."

"Satoru, be gentle" she stopped him grabbing his sleeve. "Don't destroy it, okay?"

He nodded and flew gracefully to the other side. He felt his hand buzz and get warm.

Gojo looked at it and slowly he putted it up. The stone started to shake too, the flowers and plants surrounding it fell off and a piece of the stone practically became sand, he met a shiny ruby ring.

He took it and went back to his partners.

"All yours, gorgeous".

Takara shivered and took the ring. She slid it on her finger and Nanami gave her the journal.

"What should we do?" Satoru asked scratching the back of his head.

"Try placing the rings on top of the book."

Takara and Gojo looked at each other, he smiled trying to ease her. She forced one back, and with her hand shaking she placed it on top of the book.

Gojo put his on too, she blacked out.

"Takara!" He called as she fainted.

She didn't answer.

"Don't worry, little baby" the woman said smiling. "You'll meet him on this life, and he will be your protector".

The woman kissed the head of her baby. "He's a little older, but he's charming, I've seen him".

"And you, Takara" her mother smiled at the baby "I have seen you, you're so great and beautiful"

The woman teared up. "I wish I could live to see you grow old... I promise I will make amazingly as a mother, so we can have pretty memories."

Takara gasped and sat strongly.

"Are you okay?" Satoru asked turning around to see her.

They were in the car, Nanami was driving and peeked a little to the backseat.

"How long was I out?"

"An hour or so" Gojo passed her a bottle of water. "Here, you're crying again."

She took the handkerchief he was giving her. "Thank you"

"How do you feel?"

"Like shit" she whispered leaning back. "Did something happened to the book?"

Gojo nodded. "Sleep a little more and when we arrive we can talk about it"

"I'm fine, don't worry" she said waiving her hand.

"Takara, please" he begged.

Her heart hurt for a minute, he seemed and felt so worried she found it overwhelming.

"Okay, I'll sleep a little more"

"Thank you" he smiled relieved.

She curled up again and closed her eyes slowly, falling asleep in no time.