Gravil

"I have told six of you to come with me after the dinner." I say. "That would be now." six men stand some smiling some worried. we leave the dinning room and enter the hall, "I'm very sorry gentlemen but you now will be sent home." faces dropped, I felt like crying. "I. I really am very sorry." I said, I didn't know what else to say.
"Goodbye." I waited until the guards escorted them out. I turned back into the dining room.

"Congratulations you last 29!" The remaining men exchanged looks and some of them soft whispers. 

My eyes cautiously looked over them. I cleared my throat. 

I swallow and take a side look at my father and mother. My mother smiled at my father then winked at me. 

I can do this. I can do this! But what more was there to say? I looked anxiously at the men, but, even of I could do this, what would I do? I gulped, 

"I advise you all to rest now, tomorrow is a big day!" I glanced at the clock. It was only 7:00. Crap,

They all gave me strange looks,

"Perhaps just have a nice read or play some cards. Feel free to go to the men's room. Just relax, you'll need to look rested, well be rested for Gravil tomorrow!" They all looked relived.  My father stood and told them they were excused, they all stood and bowed.

***

"Ladies and Gentlemen! I present to you the men of the selected!" A round of applause shook the stage. I gulped. 

The 29 men entered behind me. 

"Today we will have some exclusive interviews with these dashing men!" 

"Let's start with... Bradly!" I mouthed the last word, Gravil had a specific order for them. 

I stood as the men and Gravil spoke to one another about little things like maids and butlers, food and the other selected. I caught myself listening only to Arron. I knew I shouldn't but, right now he was the best one.

Then Gravil called me up, 

"Lady Amberly, tell us, how is it with 29 strange men in the house?"

"Well, I wouldn't call them strange, Gravil." The audience laughed at my barley funny joke, it was barley a joke, "And though I'm not used to it, they are all lovely!"

"Any favorites?"

I blushed, "Between you and me, and well all of the country!" The audience laughed again, "Yes. One, but I won't say."

"VERY VERY INTERESTING! NOW WE'LL SEE YOU ALL AGAIN ON MONDAY! GOOD NIGHT ILLEA!"

****

Sorry for short chapter