Season 4 - Part 12: A secret meeting

It was a quiet and peaceful sunday. The november sun brought some rays of light into Diana's and Annes room. Today they would go to Charlottetown 'together', to 'visit Aunt Josephone and Cole.' That's what Anne and Diana said to everyone, at least.

In fact: Anne was actually going and Diana would meet Jerry in secret, somewhere on the way. Diana was very excited. Sneaky adventures used not to be really her thing, but after all her other dangerous actions, she began to like it more every time. The girls went on the train and busy chatter was heard all over the coupé. Diana was a little bit nervous to see her crush again, and Anne could only laugh because of her best friend, who slowly became a little rebel.

The girls said goodbye and Diana was left behind on the perron. She immediately started to walk to the back of the station. There, after bags of coal stood Jerry waiting for her.

Diana was shook. For the first time, she saw him in another outfit than his old rags. He was wearing a suit! Diana began to blush. He looked more handsome than ever. Jerry thought the same about Diana when he saw her. The two flew in eachothers arms. "I'm so glad to see you again." She sighed relieved. "You look beautiful, Diana." Jerry looked down at her and smiled.
"Well, you look handsome as well." She giggled."Where do you get that suit from?" "Matthew insisted me to lend his, because 'a man should arrive at the date as a gentleman'." Diana laughed. "Well, you sure did."

Then the two went off, to a place where no one could see the forbidden lovebirds together.

Anne already saw aunt Josephine standing at the door. The two were delighted to see eachother again and they sat down for tea. After a small chat, Anne asked: "Where is Cole? I'ts sunday, so I don't suppose he is at school, right?" Aunt Josephine laughed mysteriously. "Well, he gets tutored at the moment. You remember that boy we talked about last time? All of the sudden he visits us almost every day, if not more often." She winked at Anne. Anne laughed and felt happy for her friend. Maybe Cole could still get his own romance, after all the distrust he had. It would be the best, because Anne had already found her soulmate, so the promise she and Cole made in the cabin 2 years ago didn't count anymore. (The promise that they would live together if they both wouldn't find their soulmates)
It was only fair that he would find his soulmate too.

"And may I ask you why Diana didn't come along?" Aunt Josephine said surprised. Anne looked naughty. "Well, she has a date right now..." Aunt Josephine looked hopeful and delighted. "Still Jerry after all?" Aunt Josephine knew about their history and was happy to hear that Diana still followed her heart, ignoring the meaning of her parents and some odd thing people call status.

Diana and Jerry walked along a beautiful lake, surrounded with flowers and many cherry trees. At first, both of them didn't dare to make the first move, when their hands sometimes touched eachother on accident. But when it happened again, Jerry confidently took it and Diana smiled at him, still a blush on her face. They talked about all kind of things and what was going on in Avonlea at the moment. Diana enjoyed talking about easy little things that didn't made any sense. She always had to talk about boring things as politics, or the weather outside when she was with her parents. Only with Anne and her friends she could talk freely, and now also to someone she was extremely in love with. Diana shivered at the thought of having to marry someone that was just as boring as her father or the boys he had adviced her to date.

Jerry saw Diana shiver and put his jacket around her. Then they stood still and watched some ducks crossing the lake, busy with finding some food.
The watery sun shone through the clouds, still managing to give some warmth on this autumn day.

Jerry looked at Diana and laid his hand on her cheeck. Then he slowly bent over and gave Diana the kiss they both had been waiting for.