The Book Store

You are trying to understand madness with logic. This is not unlike searching for darkness with a torch. -Mad Hatter

  ҉ 

I dream only because I have nothing else to do. Each day feels like the copy of another. Though sometimes it may rain. Or it may feel hotter than the day before. It's all the same. I may come across a new face now and then. But dreams are the only thing keeping me sane. 

Everything was great before I really did lose my shit. 

Everything was fine before I met Arin.

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"You should head back," Avery suggested, riveting me from my light fantasy

"Huh?" I asked, confused and barely listening. I tilted my head meeting his eyes.

Avery sighed and motioned with his hands, a mimic of a butterfly's wings. We were on the top roof and he was balancing at the very edge of it.

I sat inches away, just taking in the view of the city. It was genuinely a beautiful scene. The roof surrounded itself in glamourized buildings and towering skyscrapers. It didn't take vigorous seeking to notice the bright street lights and ongoing traffic. Just a slight glance at the ground, and you relished in its beauty.

Time stood very still in these few moments we took in together. Avery was my best friend. Sharing these moments with him felt unreal.

"Do I really have to go?" Tears began to form at the very corner of my eyes. For I was not going to let them fall.

"It's time Sage." Avery hopped off the roof's edge strolling towards me. He bent down and embraced me in a hug one last time. I returned it, the tears falling like flowing rivers.

"I'm not ready," I croaked, I was just a moment away from becoming hysterical.

"You've always been ready, Sage." Avery chuckled lightly, then released me from his grasp.

I closed my eyes and moments later he was gone. Avery had died 3 months ago. 

-ˋˏ✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

Hello! This is just a snippet of the very first chapter of Fantasized lies. I'm not really sure where I want to go with this. I want to see how this first published part does so far.  Please leave a comment on any ideas or suggestions that's always encouraged.  Thank you

-Sacral