Meditation✨

Meditation has a lot of depth, different techniques, some basics and some of a higher level. In this chapter I will be talking about the basic technique of meditation, it will be extremely fruitful, don't think that being 'basic' means that it wouldn't have immeasurable beautiful outcomes. I cannot write the higher techniques since they are only to be taught by the Guru-disciple method. The reason behind it is that when people just keep on spreading the knowledge of higher techniques to everyone without full knowledge themselves, then the techniques end up being not used properly, and they often lose their authenticity. The following technique I am going to explain is very simple, and easy to do, and is most definitely going to give you wonderful effects and the feeling of utter calmness if you are regular with it.

Step 1) Sit in the correct meditation posture. Sitting cross legged or in the lotus pose. Back straight, hands placed just at the top of your thighs. Chest out and abdomen in. Note: Do not stress your muscles too much and relax while holding the position.

Step 2) Close your eyes and gently lift your gaze to the point between your eyebrows (this point is called Kuthasta or the Christ Centre, where the spiritual "eye" is said to be, focusing on this point is very important for spiritual growth). Now mentally command the body to stay still and relaxed. Then, take a deep breath and tense your body as you hold the breath in for about 6-10 seconds and exhale in a double exhalation manner from your mouth while relaxing your body ( your breath would create a sound that would be somewhat like: huh-huhh). Repeat this 3 times. Now, one last time, take a deep breath, hold it for 6-10 seconds without any tension this time and again exhale in a double exhalation manner.

Step 3) Now we will practice some affirmations. You can either practice any prayer that provides you calmness or you can simply say "I am the joy that is permeates every particle of the being" or "My environment is filled with ever-new joy. I am the ever new joy.". First say the affirmation aloud (but not loudly), then say it a bit softer, then as a whisper and then mentally. Get dissolved in the inner meaning.

Step 4) Now, give a heartfelt prayer to the universe or the deity you believe in, or any form of supreme power with utmost devotion and gratitude.

Step 5) With your gaze still focussed on the point between your eyebrows, sit in silence for a few minutes. Start with about 10 minutes and then extend the time as the days pass by and you feel like you can stay without losing your concentration during the entire 10 minutes.

Step 6) After the ten minutes (or however long you are sitting in the stillness of your mind) rub your palms against each other for a few seconds and place them on your eyes. Now, gently open your eyes and look around the world before you.

You can do this meditation when you wake up and right before going to sleep (also whenever you get time during the day).

SOME GUIDED MEDITATIONS THAT YOU CAN LOOK INTO:-

Guided meditation on peace
https://youtu.be/TnP9PeHbvTM

Guided meditation on expanding love
https://youtu.be/jyMn6um1NR4

Guided meditation on living fearlessly
https://youtu.be/tZnz27YjwIY

Well thats it for today!!

Stay happy and blessed always