【04】

"I don't trust them, Maliksi."

Maliksi just rolled her eyes at Ilaya who looked intently at her sister and the twins. Maliksi could feel the tension from the female so he placed a hand on her shoulder. The action made Ilaya jump slightly in surprise before she turned her attention to the Tikbalang prince.

"Just trust me," Maliksi looked at her, "please?"

Ilaya put a hand on top of Maliksi's and looked back at her sister.

"For Haliya's sake, I'll trust you," Ilaya mumbled before taking Maliksi's hand off of her shoulder. "But it's on you if something happens to Haliya, mahal na mahal ka pa naman niya," The Diwata Queen crossed her arms as Maliksi chuckled.

Binibini
Alam mo ba kung pa'no nahulog sa 'yo?
Naramdaman lang bigla ng puso
Aking sinta, ikaw lang nagparamdam nito
Kaya sabihin mo sa akin
Ang tumatakbo sa isip mo
Kung mahal mo na rin ba ako

"Hank! Parang iba yata playlist mo ngayon?" Basilio inquired as he walked towards the bar, taking a seat beside Maliksi.

"I don't even know what this song is," Hank chided, "it's just from a random playlist."

"It's a nice song though," Crispin commented as he sat beside Ilaya, "great for downtime like this." He added as he turned to Hank and raised a finger to ask for a beer. Hank, on the other hand, rolled his eyes at him before sliding a beer towards him.

Isayaw mo ako
Sa gitna ng ulan, mahal ko
Kapalit man nito'y buhay ko
Gagawin ang lahat para sa 'yo
Alam kong mahal mo na rin ako

"Crispin, Basilio," Maliksi stated as the twins turned their attention to him, "allow me to introduce you to you," he continued as Ilaya glared at him.

"Reyna Ilaya ng mga Diwata," Maliksi gestured towards Ilaya who sighed deeply.

"Please, just Ilaya is fine," Ilaya chuckled, "I don't like being referred to as the Queen in this world," she added as Crispin and Basilio looked at each other and smiled.

"She's also Haliya's older sister," Maliksi chuckled, "so if you're planning to court her, you're going to have to go through Ilaya and Mabaya." He continued as the twins shook their heads in unison.

"Please, we're just her fans!" Basilio said in a panic as he looked over to his older brother. "We just admire her, I swear!" Crispin added as Ilaya laughed.

The twins looked at Ilaya in awe as her laugh resounded through the now empty bar. For some reason, the twins were enthralled by the way that she reacted. They found it amusing and enchanting at the same time.

Binibini
Sabi mo noon sa 'kin, ayaw mo pa
Pero ang yakap ngayo'y kakaiba
Hindi ka ba nalilito? Totoo na bang gusto ko?
'Wag nang lalabanan ang puso
Alam kong mahal mo na 'ko
Kung gano'n, halika na't huwag lumayo

"That's cute, you two," Ilaya stated, "but honestly, you don't have to worry about me because I don't usually meddle in Haliya's affairs because ate and I learned that the hard way."

"Is that the-?" Maliksi cut himself off as Ilaya nodded.

"We don't talk about that, Maliksi, we don't like remembering what happened during that time," Ilaya sighed as the prince nodded and took a sip from his bottle of beer.

Isayaw mo ako
Sa gitna ng ulan, mahal ko
Kapalit man nito'y buhay ko
Gagawin ang lahat para sa 'yo
Alam kong mahal mo na rin ako

"It's a nice song," Ilaya commented as she looked at her watch and took one last sip from her bottle.

"Ate Mabaya, Haliya," Ilaya called from the bar as her sisters walked towards them. "We have to go, I have a meeting at 9 am," Ilaya stated as her two sisters nodded.

"Thanks for tonight, Hank, Alexandra," Mabaya and her two sisters bowed slightly as Hank and Alexandra gave them a wave.

"Sasabay na din ako sa kanila," Maliksi said as he stood up from his chair, "will you guys fit in your car? Mabaya can ride with me."

Mabaya looked at the prince and shook her head, "please don't, we'll manage."

"You sure? It's just a couple of minutes," Maliksi insisted as Mabaya shook her head again.

"Well be fine, Maliksi, our driver is picking us up anyway," Mabaya responded as the three sisters made their way towards the door.

"Will you three be back next week?" Hank inquired as Mabaya nodded.

"Maasahan mo yan, Hank!" Ilaya responded in her sister's stead as the three made their way out of the bar with Maliksi following suit.

Mabaya flagged down a car as it approached the bar and as her sisters started to board the car, she looked back at Maliksi and smiled at him.

"Ingat," Maliksi stated as Mabaya nodded and entered the car.

The prince watched the car drive-off as he waved, not knowing if the sisters or if Mabaya was waving back at him. Once the car was out of sight, Maliksi made his way to his car sighing as he boarded.

Maliksi started the engine and pulled down his car's sun visor to reveal a photo of him and Mabaya from a few years ago. He looked at the photo for a while before pushing his sun visor back up and began to make his way back to his home in Makati.

The twins were peeking out from the window of the bar and watched as the cars left before fishing out their phones from their pockets.

"Did she put her number in yours?" Crispin asked as Basilio held out his phone to reveal a number with 'Haliya Kalon' as the contact name. The older twin scrolled through his phone to find the same contact. The two of them cheered in excitement before groaning in pain as a result of the Hank throwing two empty cans of beer at them.

"Maglinis kayo dito, wag kayo makipaglandian jan!" Hank shouted from the bar as the twins pouted and made their way towards the bar where Hank handed cloths to wipe the tables with.

"I'm going to text her tomorrow." Basilio chided as Crispin threw his rag at him, "not if I do it first!"

"Sinabing maglinis kayo!" Hank scolded as the twins glared at each other before starting their cleaning duties.