Chapter 6: Old Wounds, Part 2

Notes:

TRIGGER WARNING: CHAPTER CONTAINS EXPLICIT CONTENT! If you're not okay with adult themes, sexual content, blood, implied killing OR Beifongs with feelings, TURN BACK NOW. (Please don't report me.) THIS IS JUST A STORY! If you just want to skip the bad stuff, and still know what happens in this chapter, Lin sacrifices something for Su, and after, Su just acts ungrateful and well, like Su. IT WILL BE THE ONLY EXPLICIT CHAPTER.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Flashback:

Lin - 19, Suyin - 13

The afternoon was bright but cool as Fall set in. Lin was an official cop. Had been for a year now but still volunteered at the Academy three days a week to help others who shared the same dream that she had, to protect the good people of Republic City. When she got home, she found Su on the phone. She couldn't get angry at the girl for being home since it was already seven in the evening, but something still didn't seem right.

"Yeah, I'll make the reservation for Kuang's Cuisine... yes I'll pay. I owe you guys for what you did last week... no I won't pay thaaaat way..." Suyin laughed. "You guys are so funny!... I gueeeessssss we can hit the bar afterwards... No, my mom won't care... no, my sister has a night shift tonight and won't return until morning so I should be free... great!... I'll see you then..."

"Really Su? Now your wasting mom's money so a bunch of low-lives can have a taste of luxury at Kwang's Cuisine?" Lin asked.

"They're my friends and you have no right to call them that!"

"I'll call them what I want. Why are you going to Kuang's?" Lin demanded.

"It's just a date! It's no big deal!"

"No big deal?"

"You were dating Baldy since you were six. Why can't I date Kim Jeong when I'm thirteen?"

"That— that wasn't even dating! Mom just had Katara babysit me so she could give you more attention. Tenzin and I just happened to like each other!"

"Well I just HAPPEN to like this guy! I am going to Kuang's and YOU CAN'T STOP ME!" Suyin yelled storming off to her room. Lin went to hers slamming the door in frustration. She called the station.

"Hey Mom, I need to cancel my shift tonight. I— I'm not feeling good and I think—"

"Why are you telling me about it kid? You do what you need to do. You could have just called your shift coordinator. You don't need to alert the Chief of Police— I don't care when you work, just that you work eventually,"

Lin sighed. "I know mom, I just wanted to hear your voice before tonight? I think something bad is going to happen to Su. She's meeting some 'friends' at Kuang's Cuisine and I- I don't like the friends she keeps. I don't think she understands that they can— that they can and probably will hurt her— she won't listen to me—"

"Eh. Su's a big girl. She can take after herself. I mean, I ran away from my parents at twelve and look at me. I survived,"

"Survived yeah, but at what cost."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let out that last comment. Just— Mom, I really think she shouldn't go out tonight,"

"Well you're not Su's Mom. I am and I say let her go out. She can take care of herself now,"

"But mom!"