🥀 Eternities addiction

TW, Mentions of alcohol/drug abuse, physical abuse, addiction (obviously)

it'd been about a month since he'd noticed little things, about them. Wilbur, was the guy that took him in after he died, it was interesting, actually. He'd been completely content with staying there forever, as a ghost. When he was ripped out of comfort and back in the world he protested so greatly. Not all of it was bad, since Soot was the one that took him out, Glatt invited himself in without any real warning for the other.
Again, it'd been a month since then, and he's started to notice continued and repeated mannerisms. They'd say good morning, even in the evenings; feed their sheep before he even thought about eating for himself- although, to be fair, they didn't have to eat, but Glatt liked seeing them cook, so he forced himself to. Their cooking, god, where to start. It was always seasoned so well, it always tasted so good, even if it was something simple. He didn't know if it was his cooking, or the man himself. Everything seemed to taste better if he got to eat with someone, or at least with Ghostbur. He hated sitting with others, but it's better for him to believe he's an extrovert. The way they smiled always caught his interest, how genuine and fitting it looked for him to wear it like a crown, like a badge of honor that he was happy.
But, enough of the daydreaming. The man had been stuck in a sickness, which was so unfair. Why doesn't pain stop after you've already died? Whatever, it was somewhat okay, being able to complain about everything with ghostbur there. He never understood it, how he was so understanding and nice, but he expected the other to be like how he was, that the kind and soft didn't last forever and was just to gain trust. However, that never came, and they were genuinely concerned, and nice.
It bothered Glatt without reason, but it was good for times like these; No matter how hard he tried, every time he got up, he'd feel dizzy, or have the other lay him back down without a single trace of annoyance, just a small smile of entertainment and complete understanding. Of how hard headed he was. Every time he was put back, he'd hit his head back into the wall behind him, which hurt when his ears got in the way of his horns. Today, he wanted to push it. How far he'd let Glatt go with requests. Using this as an excuse, to ask them to do something schlatt himself thought was dumb when they attempted, which was another thing, it seemed as though the only person closest to them wasn't even a person, but a sheep, and with how close he'd been watching his mannerisms, it was apparent he was touch starved.
When he spoke, it came out as gruffed, deeper in sickness but for the first time he himself could remember, quiet. he knew there was probably no way to get this to work, but it'd be so... interesting if it actually worked. "Ghostbur" was the only thing he had to say, though. Ghostbur, who'd been reading a book he could only assume was funny and special to them because God knows schlatt wasn't even allowed near it, but it always made them smile, and giggle. If only schlatt could do that, if only he could be so fondly remember by them. Either way, they were quick to put the book down, facing with the page open but facing down, he watched as their feet made taps on the ground. What kind of.. "You know you don't have to walk, right?" that earned a playful response he wasn't expecting,
"I like walking! And I don't just want to float around when everyone else is walking" He just gave a disapproving shake of his head, which made the other laugh, and roll their eyes "now, what do you need? Medicine, painkillers, what?" god, this man warmed his heart. Schlatt just opened his arms, with a huff and a face that protested.
"You always ask for a hug, so-" he didn't want to say anything else, but the other was extremely hesitant to respond, it took him a few seconds, but finally spoke.
"I don't want to if it makes you uncomfortable, though" Schlatt looked at him, light soft grey blue skin and glowing white eyes, worry present all over his face. Very clearly hadn't even glossed his mind that he'd get sick.
"Do it before I change my mind." he huffed, Which made two cogs click in the others mind, hugged schlatt extremely gently. His ear twitched, then had his tail thump behind him, that had been embarrassing but it took way too much of his energy to stop it. He returned the embrace with a squeeze, then a quick tug and turn to have them fall on the bed next to them. The other gave a squeak, then a gasp and laugh, but the thing is- schlatt never let go, of the hug. His arms still locked around Ghostbur as they calmed down from their laughing fit. It made schlatt's heart beat irregularly quickly, for him. His heart was slowed when he died, as it was his cause of death, but now it was beating loud and clear, giving another gruff as the top of his head was placed on their chest, forcing him looking down, his ear twitching yet again. God he was scared of the response they'd give, but exhaled when they Sighed, started petting the back of his head with their soft hands. God, ghostbur was sickeningly perfect. The exact opposite of him, soft, gentle, kind, innocent. The literal ghost of a man, but better than anyone he could imagine. Their fingertips were cold against his head, and the sick feeling came back, and the fear set in. To avoid it, he simply said "I'm only doing this to get you sick" which earned a playfully mad
"Schlatt!" and a well deserved but very soft hit to the back of his head, which made him laugh, but still, didn't detach. Kept his grip firm, a grip he's only ever used on alcohol bottles, the kind to where you're scared something might happen if you let go. He wasn't scared.. was he? That'd explain the heartbeat, and the knots in his stomach that felt like flutters, like he wanted to be there but knew there were consequences. Like an addiction; Like he was taking him like pills at any chance he got, scared that they'd slip away from his grasp and he wouldn't have a safe Haven to run to, like the high of a drink, or the one of pills, hell, the both of them he'd mix together so frequently. He'd been scolded by Ghostbur before for drinking, so he'd stopped. But maybe he was still addicted to something, he'd always needed something to ground him in reality before, why not now? Unless it was the sting of fear, fear of getting too close and having Wilbur have the same reaction.
The blood was on his hands, quackity's. The one he was supposed to love and protect, he'd throw punches, and kicks, watched him cry, brought up sensitive topics, had no care for him. But that was after he'd gained his love and trust, what if Ghostbur is another him? Or worse, what if Wilbur became so close to a real addiction that he started to abuse him like he did to the drugs? Well, if you never stop drinking, you never get the hangover, That's for sure. He could ask, ''do you feel the same way I do'', maybe then he could find what is and isn't just his high, like the blush that covered his face, sickness, affection, or addiction? his addiction, ghostbur. Clung to him, nothing could compare to what he's felt for them. His train of thought was cut off by a soft
"What..?" from Wilbur. Shit.
"Did I-" he paused, moved his hand to put his fingertips on his lower lip, did he say that out loud? How does he- "Don't worry about it, I forgot" lied, he was good at that. But the only thing that mattered was keeping himself away from the possible truth.
"Well that's not fair, I want to know what you were going to say" with a very cute little huff that schlatt would never forget.
"Just forget I said anything, you weren't meant to hear it"
"Im going to get it out of you, just watch mE-" Cut off by the overwhelming need to laugh, which they followed as schlatt's hand was placed on their waist. And made to tickle them. Out of breath, he begged schlatt to stop, which, made him freak out.
"Stop! Stop, schlatt! Please! Stop!" "Oh, no no. He's not a bad guy, I promise! He's just a little too hard on me, sometimes, that's all" "I know it's wrong, but I still.. I still love him, Im sure he loves me, I can't just leave him" memories echoed through his head, one's of Quackity, overheard conversations, his frightened tone and scared expression seared into his memory, which made him let go of wilbur, the other caught their breath, was about to say that it was unfair, but was stopped by the sight of smoke and tears, pain. His hands covering his face and burning his palms. No, no, please not like this, not him, please-

Understandably so, he got worried. Ghostbur sat up, sitting on his knees, setting a hand on their shoulder as he spoke "Hey.. hey, are you okay? Did I do something wrong?" he asked, which made the other shake his head, well, the tears started after he laughed, was that it? "I can't help if I don't know what's wrong-" It was met with another shake of their head, which made wil worried beyond reason, everything else in that moment was forgotten, nothing mattered except for the other, like the entire world faded out as soon as the other showed they're upset. Wilbur had gently picked them up from their position, sitting them down in front of him, never getting to see their face as they kept their head down, gripped onto Wilbur's arms hard enough to leave bruises. Which, of course, was understandable to Wilbur. Of course he wouldn't get mad, he saw no reason to. The ram was upset, and it hurt to see him cry, physically. The tears fell right onto his thighs, oh how much he wanted to pick their head up and just help them be happy again, but crying was okay, it was understandable. Just waited out the pain, them removing their hands and wrapping their arms around his neck, the tears still burning him, as well as the other buried their face in his neck.
Ghostbur reassuringly rubbed their back, saying soft nothing's to calm him down, things like "You're okay, I'm here, take your time"
Wilbur moved his hand up, cupping their cheek and bringing their face in front of him, rubbing off the tears with the pad of his thumb. The rams hand moving up to put atop Wilbur's, just closing his eyes, Letting out small hiccups, Schlatt stayed silent until prompted by Wilbur to speak with an "I'm here, don't worry".
"No, that's- im- sorry I'm j- you- o- I-" the other stuttered on hiccups and tears, took a break of silence, crying on him just to speak a minute later. "you're here. And you're so kind, I don't want to hurt you, and- Im scared that I like you too much, and that you're lying when-"
Wilbur's expression faded, but came back as a smile and sigh as they cut the other off "You haven't hurt me, far from it. Is that what this is about?" he kissed the others forehead, messing with their hair "Even if you did somehow accidentally hurt me, I'd never hold it against you, I promise. and I definitely like you more than you like me, I'll forgive you no matter how bad the accident-"
"No, no, see that's the problem. I don't want you thinking that just because you like me, I get to keep you no matter what, I'm scared I'll like you too much, my I love you means you're perfect to me, your eyes, your laugh, your giggle, your huffs. You're kind and soft and- everything I know I'm not. I just- want you to have what makes you-"
Wilbur huffed, annoyed with the arguing and grabbed the others wrists, kissed him on the lips for what felt like not long enough, but also felt as though he was suspended in time in that moment. The little noise it made after making Ghostbur bright blue, just looking at how in awe Schlatt seemed to be, his tail thumping against the mattress behind him as the stains of tears left to just leave behind water scars. "I know, and I know where my boundaries are, it doesn't mean that I'll forget how to love myself and respect that I need a stop just because I love you just as much, my love divides." he let go of schlatt's wrists, which made their hands fall to hold his hips, butterflies circling his stomach and his affection growing by the second. "Even if you do need work, we have an eternity to figure it out. We could move at your snails pace, and you could be my little goat whenever you feel is right." he poked their nose, which made them laugh, sighing and looking at them for a moment, grabbed their hands just to look away. But it was obvious, he loved it there, with ghostbur, having an eternity to stare into those beautiful white glowing eyes, his fluffy hair and beanie, the lovely yellow sweater and enjoy the feeling of his soft hands on his rough ones, his hot rough palms and their gentle silk like smooth skin. True opposites, but that's what made them both special. That's what made them work so well, and maybe he could figure this all out with him, instead of hiding it from him. Content silence from both of them, long silence until schlatt finally spoke
"You know you're getting sick after this- right?"
"You're taking care of me, this time."
"I mean, not if I get sick again by kissing you"
Wilbur smacked his hand gently, which made them both laugh, their little world, and about nothing could ruin it.