Level III - The duel and the Fall

"You're challenging the Hero? Is there a limit to how stupid can you be?"

I turn my head to the waste of oxigen that just spoke.

"Daisuke fucking Hiyama, shut the fuck up. Adults are talking."

"Haaah? Fucking loser! Care to repeat what you said?"

"As I said-" I get rudely interrupted as Hiyama launches a tornado of wind at my direction, each whirl as sharp as a blade.

"Gabriele-kun! Watch out!"

Shizuku's shout doesn't perturb me in the slightest. I just stand there, letting the attack hit me.

Everyone just stared wide-eyed.

"HIYAMA! BASTARD!" Hajime rushes at Hiyama, or tries to as Kouki holds him back.

"Uh...his fault for biting more than he could chew."

"Nagumo-kun, calm down! No fights amongst ourselves!"

"ARE YOU FUCKING BLIND!? HIYAMA SHOT A WIND SPELL AT HIM!"

"Nagumo-kun! He was the challenger and he knew the potential consequences!"

"Wow, Amanogawa." Appearing unscathed from the smoke and rubble, I smile and clap my hands.

Hajime and Shizuku's faces light up, while Shirasaki is genuinely bewildered.

"You really are the most rotten of us all. With you leading the party indecisiveness will reign supreme, and betrayal will be our doom."

Jack, nice deep voice.

Thanks, young man. Though I have to say, I'm impressed by this move of yours.

Yeah, don't try it again, please. Don't wanna die here!

Relax, Hlokk. This is Divine Armor, I channel all of your power in a combined defensive spell that could potentially make me unvulnerable. It's something I thought of while meditating with Buddha – and it's my first time testing it.

You got out of it with a few scratches on your arm, I'd say it's nice enough.

"Now, where was I? Oh yeah! Hiyama?"

I start walking casually towards him while cracking his knuckles. Putting a hand on his shoulder, I speak again.

"Don't interrupt the adults again." I cough and then finish the sentence. "Go fap to a picture of Kaori, or whatever you do in your pitiful life."

"Amanogawa, the nuisances are out of our way! Shall we dance?"

A/N – bold is Jack speaking through us

"I don't think it is appropriate. We shouldn't fight amongst ourselves."

"Oh, but my goal is simple – I want to test myself against the so-called Hero! Shall I take your reluctance as a sign of cowardice and win by default, self-righteous brat?"

"Now you've done it! Prepare to lose!"

"Perfect! Now, for the weapons, use your mighty sword! And all of your skills, don't hold back – I'll win either way!"

Amanogawa tongue clicks and unsheats his sword, while I look towards Hajime.

"Hajime, you've been training with a Bo staff, right? Can I borrow it?"

"Of course!" Hajime smiles and hands me the staff.

"Wait! Gabriele-kun, shouldn't you use the katana?"