Chapter 1

The warm sunlight hit Space Kid's tan face. He groaned as he sat up, half-asleep. He rubbed his eyes and blinked multiple times as he got up to go change. He threw on his normal attire, brushed his curly, fluffy hair, and added the finishing touch to his outfit, which was his beloved helmet. He'd had the helmet ever since he could remember. He trotted out of his tent, his silly smile showing as he went to the Mess Hall. He pulled the Mess Hall door open, and saw the usual. Neil, Nikki, and Max at one table, Nerris arguing with Harrison about magic, Dolph making art with his food at another table, Ered listening to music whilst leaning on the wall, Preston practicing another one of his dumb plays, Nurf throwing his food at Gwen, and David reading some kind of nature newspaper. Space Kid grabbed the sorry excuse for pancakes, and sat down at an empty table. He didn't mind being alone, as none of the other campers really interested him. He took off his helmet, being hit in the face with the smell of pine trees and sweat. He sat his helmet down, and dug into his 'breakfast.'
...
After he'd finished, he grabbed the tray he'd eaten off of and threw it away. He walked back to his table, smiling bigger then ever. He went to go find his beloved helmet, but it wasn't where he'd left it. Hmm, that's odd, he thought.
He looked under the table, near his table, and even by the trash can. He must've had a confused look on his face, because David had sat a hand on Space Kid's shoulder. "What's the trouble, Space Kid?" He looked up at David, who had his normal smile on his rather pale face. "I've seemed to misplace my helmet." He sighed, a little hurt. "Awe, don't worry, my little astronaut," He said as he messed with Space Kid's hair. "We'll find it, I promise." Space Kid nodded, unsure about David's promise. "Um, okay.." David turned around, facing the whole cafeteria. "Has anyone seen Space Kid's helmet?" David yelled. Space Kid flinched,  forgetting David could yell decently loud. The normally loud cafeteria grew silent, and everyone shook their heads. "Hey,wait, where's Nurf?" A voice came from the crowd of campers.