Pent Up

It has been awhile since I last updated I was extremely busy with exams for three months and i finished last Monday and took a week of to relax. So here is the update and another coming by midnight.

While leaving Doctor Karlsson's office Khushi caresses the sonogram and tears form in her eyes. She is going to experience all those feelings again. The morning sickness, the cravings, and the baby's little kicks to her womb indicate that a life was being developed inside her. It was the joy of pregnancy and the beginning of motherhood. Yet these beautiful string of emotions changed in a minuscule amount of time some sort of anxiety developed inside of Khushi. Would her baby survive, will it being to feel the warmth of a mother's embrace or would this pregnancy result in the same outcome as the previous one. All Khushi did the entire trip home looked through the window staring into a world of nothingness, ignoring the outside world. Battling the harsh storm inside her.
She was brought back to reality when her body was jostled by a figure she was yet to recognise as her thoughts were still organizing themselves inside her brain. Unknowingly she covered her womb with her arms in which her baby resided in an attempt to protect it from the oncoming danger that she was yet to recognise. She looked at the person in the eye all her troubles and worries somehow disappeared once she focused on her surroundings.

Khushi's POV...
"Arnavji..." the words just left my mouth as well as a sigh... a sigh of relief. I felt secure under his gaze as I look at him in his eyes.

Arnav: "What's the matter Khushi? Are you okay? Are your abdomen in pain? Are you craving something?" These words that left his mouth were filled with concern and worry.

"Arnavji I am perfectly alright I was just in deep thought that's it. No need to worry so much. Hmmm..." I reply to him with calmness and reassurance that everything is okay but that was my way of reassuring myself at the same time.

Arnavji held my hand leading me out of the car and making sure I did not get hurt.

Arnav: "Watch your step. Be careful of the step."

"Arvanji..." I said with a giggle "I can see clearly you that right."

Arnav: "I do know that. But i have to make sure that the mother of my child faces no difficulty when i am around."

End of POV

While this is going on Lavanya looked at them both a feeling of hurt and envy washed over her. She now knew what to do the Angel and Devil sitting on her shoulders argued till no end until she shushed them both until she agreed to one of them.

She walked behind Arnav and Khushi until they reached the confinement of their home. Arnav led Khushi to the Sofa opposite the fireplace making her sit down facing the fireplace.

Arnav: "Khushi i got a Zoom Meeting in a few minutes so I will be busy until then Lavanya is making dinner and you can relax okay..."

Khushi: "Okay Arnavji don't worry about me I will be perfectly fine."

Arnav: "Okay then let me leave."

once Arnav left Khushi saw Lavanya walking towards dinner. once Khushi was left alone her thoughts started wandering into the part of her brain she closed off.

Khushi's POV...

i felt the nagging numbness invade my body. I don't know if I am ready for this baby. Will I be able to protect it this time? But how could I not keep my first baby safe from this vicious world? guilt seeped through my bloodstream. questions after questions filling up my brain. it was too soon to have a baby. I actually thought that if I got pregnant again I would be able to move on but I simply can't it is eating me up alive. Thinking none stop staring into the sparkling phantom until my eyes started to burn and tear cascade down my cheeks. I felt someone tap my shoulder I look up and saw Lavanya. I felt unknown anger wash over me that I need to let out when I heard her voice.