Timebreaker

Neve sits in her bedroom singing the song 'Everybody Talks' by the Neon Trees while she works on her most recent painting. Salem is on the floor teasing poor Theo by dancing in front of him, Theo watching Salem curiously, occasionally trying to swat at him with his paw. Neve continues to bop her head to the beat, her bun swinging around lazily on top of her head, as she adds another stroke to the canvas.

(video above)

She leans back in her stool to examine the art piece, satisfied with her work

She leans back in her stool to examine the art piece, satisfied with her work. "Salem what do you think?" Salem stops his teasing and floats up to rest on Neve's shoulder (as he usually does) to also analyse the painting.

"That's great, Neve! Where are you going to put it?"

"I don't know but I'm sure Grandpa will find somewhere to hang it," Neve chuckles. Every wall in their house is basically occupied by Neve's paintings and drawings because her Grandpa insists they all be hung up. She stands up to stretch her legs after hours of work and then scoops Theo off of the floor and holds him out in front of her. She kisses his nose and then cradles him in her arms and starts twirling around the room, dancing. Theo is unfazed which causes Neve to set him back on his feet while she giggles.

She gathers her dirty paintbrushes and palette to bring them downstairs for a clean. Still humming the song to herself she scrubs the supplies in the laundry sink. Anytime she uses the kitchen to clean her art supplies her Grandma scolds her and says, "Neve it's going to stain the sink!" And even though that isn't very likely, she does it anyway to please her Grandma.

When the brushes and palette are clean, she leaves them in the laundry as her room is way too cluttered (not messy just cluttered). She skips to the kitchen for a snack because she is starving when there is a quiet knock on the door. She walks to the door, expecting her Grandma, who was to come back from the grocery store but is surprised by the person standing there in front of her.

"Adrien?"

"Hey Neve," he says nervously.

"Why are you here? I'm glad to see you but..."

"The bet between Alex and Kim is today and we had to drive past your house to get there so I thought it might be convenient for you if you got a ride..." Adrien rambles, looking embarrassed. Neve's jaw drops and her eyes widen, "That's- that's today?" She asks, suddenly panicking. Adrien nods slowly as a smile spreads across his face.

"Oh shit!" Neve swears, looking around, "Um, you stay right there I'll be back in a minute!" She shuts the door quickly and sprints upstairs to make herself look more presentable. She throws on a clean pair of jeans and a t-shirt before racing back down the stairs to slip on her sneakers. When she is ready, Neve swings open the door to see Adrien still waiting there patiently. "Ok, I'm ready." He laughs while Neve locks the door behind her and sends a short message to Grandma on her phone saying where she is. Neve looks back up to Adrien and he is still hysterically laughing.