Chapter 6

"You had been staring at me from the start. Do you miss me?" He then shows his charming smile.

    When Katy saw the smile is directly for her, she couldn't help herself from trembling. Her round green body turns greener and her white spine shakes a little.

    Now she knows why all the women he dates will blush and will immediately forgive and forgot what this man had done to them. For the first time in her life, she finally knows this is the legendary handsome, and charming prince that the fairies always love to talk about.

"Gotcha." Roy whispers with a smirk.

    When she heard what he said, her body immediately turns stiff. Acting like she was an ordinary cactus. However, she doesn't know, her spine was awkwardly spiked upwards.

    Roy was a little bit suspicious of this cactus many times before. He had been visiting the flower shops to satisfy his so-called 'girlfriends'. He had never interested to look and admiring flowers and other plants because he can't ever nurture any plants. Whatever plants that he touches, the next day the plant will die.

   One day, he somehow notices this simple small cactus surrounded by other cactus. Every time he visits the flower shops, his eyes can't help but look at the cactus. At first, he could not tell what is different about this cactus. Until the last girlfriend, he had been very busy and forget about the last girlfriends that he had. So, he wanted to make a quick breakup but at the same time memorable. While he was thinking about how to break up, he saw the cactus again in the open glasses window.

    Somehow, his eyes saw the cactus spine moved a little, but he only tells himself it's impossible. So, he just used that cactus to break up with his girlfriend. When he finally got rid of his last girlfriend and left the flower shop, the seller shows the box of cactus which was a little bit messy because it had fallen to the ground.

    He can't keep any plants as he has only a dead finger on all plants. When he said that on his mind, his eyes this time saw the cactus shake its body to get rid of the pink shredded paper that was stuck on its spines. He was sure he saw it but at the same time could not help but think maybe it was his illusion. However, his hand automatically grabs it and brings it to his office.

    There are too many things that happen and he somehow forgets about this little cactus. Right now, he is very sure that this cactus can move. It is not his illusion.

"Are you really a cactus?" Roy asked.

    The cactus didn't move but Roy can't help to laugh at it because the cactus was obviously looking tense as its spine was spiked up. It looks like a scared kitten.

"How many days had you been here? You must be very thirsty now." Roy carefully pours the water of glass on Katy's soil. When he saw the spine look tenser, Roy laughs again and pour a little water on top of her.

    Seeing the water dripping all over the spine and thinking that it will make the cactus calmer his lips curls up. He is satisfied. Katy was a little shocked at the sudden cold water on her body. She can't help to shake her body to get rid of some of it. Then she froze again, she forgot the human was still watching her!

    It is too late to realize. Roy had seen it all.

Roy chuckles a little and said. "Cute."

    Then he walks back to his office desk. He continues his work with a smile on his face.

Oh no! D-Does he saw it all? He saw I can move??? Did he saw I am not the same as other plants? W-What will happen to me after this? Will he kick me out? Wait! Why did I need to concern about that? I prefer to be kicked out by this human. He is not worth being my Master!

     After she had to sort her thoughts and calm her mind, she realizes her body didn't feel right. She feels too full. She had already drink water before and she got enough and now, this guy pours a lot of water. If she is a normal cactus, with a lot of water on her flower pot, her roots will explode!

    She immediately let out the excess water and finally feel much better. However, the table now is a mess with the water. There no glass or bucket that she can transfer it to. She looks at her side, there a golden trophy cup. She doesn't know what it is but it's useful for her right now. She looks at the office desk to make sure Roy is still busy, then she quickly used her magic to transfer the water inside the trophy cup.

    She has enough water, enough sun, and enough fresh air around her. This time she can manipulate the water easily. After that she doesn't have anything to do, so she just watches the handsome man who was busy flipping files and working with his computer on his work desk. Until she falls asleep.

...

    Katy was having a dream. She was flying happily around beautiful flowers in the fairyland. When she had done checking all the plants and flowers, she goes to her small home where she shares with a squirrel. As usual, Que, which is the squirrel's name, will always bring her some seeds and nuts. Then she will help Que to peel the nuts shell and eat it together.

    While they were harmonies combing the squirrel fluffy tail, their house suddenly shaking. Que immediately picks up its nuts and hides them far from the entrance. Katy pout unhappily. The woodpecker always pecks into their house, wanted to steal their food. It must be the woodpecker again! How dare it wants to bully her family again!

    Katy stands up and determines that the woodpecker will be buried into soil today! Before she could open the door, the house quake like crazy. The next thing she knows, she was in the... car?

"Oppsy. I almost drop you." Roy is seating in the driver's seat.

    His left hand was on the steering while the other hand was holding Katy's flowerpot. He looks a little bit panic. Then he looks in front and back at her several time until he at a traffic lite.

"Should I buckle you up?" Roy pulls the seat belt and buckles up Katy.

   The cactus is too small, but the belt able to wrap around her. After making sure the cactus will not fall again. He finally looks in front. The traffic lite already turn green. He looks at his view mirror to confirm there are no cars behind him. Then he continues to drive.

     Not long after that his phone rings. He pushes the answer button on his steering and the quiet car quickly comes out with loud heavy music with a voice.

"Roy. I heard you are back from your yacht party." A male sound comes to echo in the car.

   Katy was having a low mood after wake up from that dream. She misses so much her homeland. When suddenly loud music with a loud voice appears in the car, she starts to search where the voice comes from.

"Yes."

"I heard there are a lot of sexy girls too! How could you! Why you didn't invite me? You partying with who? Why I never know you have other friends?"

Roy laugh. "I hang up if that the only thing you want to ask."

"No way! Come on. Come here. We have David and Joe here with me. Come and join us."

"No. I shouldn't I..." Roy looks down at his passenger seat.

"I have a companion right now." Roy said.

"W-What??? Which one? Ah. It must be the new one, of course. Okay! Just bring her along! David brings his girl too!"

Roy chuckled at his friend's words.

Roy looks at the little cactus again with some hesitation he asks. "You wanna go?"