Chapter Seven

───────
Chapter Seven: A Night Out
───────

When the plane landed Ethan was still sleeping. Did I wake him?

No.

Did I leave him on the plane and pay the flight attendant fifty dollars to leave him there until I was out of site?

Yes. Yes the fuck I did.

I wasn't going to completely ignore and shut him out like I did before, though I need time to cope with what he's told me. That's a lot of take in, and I definitely wasn't prepared for it. I'll probably give it get a few days until Ethan eventually finds me.

Maybe I should go home this summer and deal with everything later... No. I have to deal with this as soon as possible. And that means within the next five to seven business days.

"So you really just left him on the plane?" Jayla asked when I'd opened the car door.

"If you don't hand me a blunt, a bottle, or some type of sleeping pill right now I swear to god I'm going to lose my mind." I said probably looking as bad as I felt.

"I came prepared." She said pulled out a bag of cannabis and a pack of Backwoods.

"Since when do you smoke anything other than hemp papers. What happened to you being worried about the environment and shit?" I said rolling my eyes.

"Since I'm not dating a model anymore. I don't have anyone to impress, and you have to do so much to rolling those shitty ass papers. And they taste like shit, I'm never doing anything again for a man or woman. From now on, it's all about me."

"Fuck you, I just remembered you got me into this whole mess." I sighed though took the items from her hand and got to work.

"Yeah, I'm so sorry. I feel like shit now." She sighed, "But are you sure Ethan is really engaged? I mean... I spoke to him a few times before Charla and I had even set everything up and I promise you he was either single, or just ended something new."

I ignored the last bit. I really hadn't wanted to think anything of it while I was in recovery. "You should. You left me in the middle of no where. What if those people were racist, or homophobic, or just evil." I said while focusing on the task at hand.

She sighed understanding I really hadn't wanted to get into all that now... possibly never, "All that matters is your home now. Maybe scarred, but home."

"What's even worse is he's moving here! Like I can't catch a br—oh look it's him now." My phone began to ring to which I immediately ignored.

"I hope you don't think you're going back into your hole." She made clear.

"Hell no. I'm not letting this effect me, it really has nothing to do with me," I took a second to lick the leaf and rolling it nice and tight, though still loose enough that it smoked well, "I already paid someone to do all my summer work, we're going out all week so text all your sugar daddies." I told her just as I finished rolling.

"Here, put them on the outside, spread this out on—"

"If you want me to tarantula it, just say that." I dead panned when she handed me the oil.