Chapter 9 - Aliens

Bucky's POV

We fought some more aliens when we left and honestly, I did regret using up all my bullets earlier. Now I had to engage in close combat with them. I know, I should have listened to her and I didn't but what's done is done.

I saw Olivia head for the artillery and my pride just wouldn't let me follow her there so here I am. When she got out she had four guns, one on each hand and two strapped on her back. She shot with amazing precision from a distance, ducked behind a column that was knocked down.

She ran towards me, swiftly dodging and attacking aliens that blocked her way then she handed me the guns that were strapped behind her.

"I figured you'd need this," she said without looking at me. The gesture surprised me, I didn't think she'd consider me after what I just did.

"Just take the fucking guns," her agitated tone was clear as she forced me to take the guns. I guess I spaced out a bit.

"Thank you," I said but I guess she didn't get to hear it because when I turned to look at her, she was already back in the field fighting.

Kidding aside, Olivia was a tough woman. Sure, I can't stand the fact that being around her is confusing to the point that the feeling irritates me but, aside from that, she's a good fighter. Her moves are precise and calculated, not to mention quick and efficient.

"Don't just stand there, Buck." I heard Steve from behind me. I guess they were already back from their mission to retrieve the stones.

I continued fighting until I looked around and everyone seemed beat. An alien had attacked me and I was caught off guard, it knocked me to the ground and my head hit something pretty hard. It aimed its sharp spear at me and I braced myself for the impact but instead, its head exploded and it collapsed beside me.

"Are you okay?" Olivia asked, she looked worried and... was she crying? Why would she be crying? Come to think of it, when that alien was about to kill me the first thought I had was 'Will I ever get to see Olivia again?'.

My vision doubled and everything blurred out. I guess I was experiencing a concussion. The last view I had was a black hole sucking Thanos and his crew until there was none of them left... and then I passed out.

Olivia's POV

Bucky seemed to have hit his head pretty hard so I had to carry his heavy ass back inside when everything was over. Sarah had plucked the reality stone from the gauntlet before she made the decision to hand it over to Thanos and it was the right call. Everyone was at their limits. If she had decided to fight, the were bound to be more casualties.

"Where is she?!" Bucky mumbled in his sleep. He seemed to be having a nightmare, beads of cold sweat dripped from his forehead as he looked like he was having seizures.

"Bucky, wake up!" I shook him but he still wasn't conscious so I uttered a mental apology for what I had to do next– I slapped him in the face.

He got up and put his hands around my neck. His grip was so strong I struggled to breathe and squirmed as I kept tapping his arms. I looked at his eyes and they looked dazed, clearly still stuck in that nightmare.

My vision had started blurring out when I heard someone enter the room and punched Bucky.

"What do you think you're doing?!" It was Steve, his tone angry towards Bucky.

"What happened?" Bucky looked like he had just woken up. I tried to interfere but Steve said, "What happened is that when I got here, you were strangling Olivia to death!"

"I did...?" Bucky asked, clearly confused.

"Steve, it wasn't his fault. He was having a nightmare and I woke him up, I must've startled him." I explained, still finding it hard to speak because my neck felt like it had been crushed.

"I-I'm sorry." Bucky didn't bother looking up but I wanted to talk to him alone so I asked Steve to give us a minute and he did.

"Was it a bad dream?" I asked gently, slowly walking towards him.

"It's none of your business. Why do you have to be such a control freak?" he growled and left. He was headed for the living room where everyone was gathered and I followed him.

"What's wrong?" Wanda asked when we got there.

"He's messy, that's what's wrong," I replied dryly.

"You're controlling," Bucky retorted.

"You lack coordination and you never stick to the plan," I kept my face was neutral, cold even, but I knew I was spilling annoyance.

"You and your unnecessary plans!" he exclaimed and I had enough of him so I punched him in the face and left.