𝐶𝐻𝐴𝑃𝑇𝐸𝑅 𝑇𝑊𝐸𝑁𝑇𝑌 - 𝑆𝐸𝑉𝐸𝑁

( same outfit as chapter twenty-five )

" I know a boy just like you,

he's a snake just like you.

Such a fake just like you, but I can see the truth!

Transparent soul! "

Unedited

No one

"STOP!"

Alice was panicking. She hadn't seen them coming. She didn't see their decision to come around this way. It was all so sudden. Alice didn't get a heads up or warning when her eyes frosted over— but it was already too late. The passing nomads; the human drinkers; the murders were already advancing towards them.

"I didn't see it.." Alice whispered to herself. She felt to blame. In her mind, if she had seen them sooner, she and Jasper could've gotten Lily out before they showed up. But now her mate was going to be in danger. Realization then hit her like a hundred pound weight.

Lilian was going to be in danger.

The word danger seemed to echo in her mind. She hated having Lily in the same sentence as that word. They're bond was so new, that she couldn't help but worry. That six letter word. DANGER. The word that was followed by despair and pain was being associated with her new mate.

Anxiety flowed through the mating bond that Alice, Lily and Jasper shared. Jasper, being an empath, felt the nerves of Alice anyway. He was confused but soon, his confusion morphed into that of worry when he heard the lightning fast footsteps moving their way.

'Vampires!' And it all clicked.

Passing nomads. By now the whole family understood the situation because they seemed to gravitate to  Lily subconsciously.